Agri fab tow behind tiller

The biggest complaint seems to be bolt shear. 1 guy replaced with# 8 bolts. Some say light metal and bending. I think folks are trying to go from raw sod to 4 inches in 1 pass. Adjusts 1.5 to 5.5. Piece of cake for my previously prepared plots but I have some virgen goldenrod field to do next summer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SWEDE said:

The biggest complaint seems to be bolt shear. 1 guy replaced with# 8 bolts. Some say light metal and bending. I think folks are trying to go from raw sod to 4 inches in 1 pass. Adjusts 1.5 to 5.5. Piece of cake for my previously prepared plots but I have some virgen goldenrod field to do next summer

That's what I read too. And was thinking it would work fine where I am at as there are no rocks at all and tons of top soil.  

If you get it would love to hear how it works.

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, SWEDE said:

Found this one lightly used but old gas bad filters. Carb clean filters lube oil runs great. Can't wait to chew up new plots. Built really well. Old gas makes things sell cheaper!!!! 500.00

20211011_152742.jpg

20211011_152752.jpg

I'm still thinking of getting one in the spring.  The tow behind drag worked ok but had to keep stopping to lift it to get the weeds and grass out of it. It would just float after a pass or two from weed buildup.  

Thinking one of these would make things a lot easier. 

• Like 1

my buddy had one  the weeds just would get wrapped around it might be ok if u mow real short and hit with weed killer first and u have to pull it extremely slow ......takes a few years but each year is easier with drag first year with root build up in soil is the worst,, best thing i found to date is an old spring harrow drag still needs to be cleaned out a time or two, but with multiple rows of harrows the fronts usually help the back ones not get clogged up as bad

Edited by land 1

25 minutes ago, land 1 said:

my buddy had one  the weeds just would get wrapped around it might be ok if u mow real short and hit with weed killer first and u have to pull it extremely slow ......takes a few years but each year is easier with drag first year with root build up in soil is the worst,, best thing i found to date is an old spring harrow drag still needs to be cleaned out a time or two, but with multiple rows of harrows the fronts usually help the back ones not get clogged up as bad

I can't spray in this spot.  We plan on cutting it short before dragging. If I had a harrow should I use that first or the ATV drag tiller?  

14 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Could you make or buy a weed burner to use before tilling.

https://flameengineering.com/products/reddragonmultipurposeflamer

EF88AED7-31D8-4CF7-A15F-298DCC67C78E.jpeg

We have a brush hog for the ATV. Last year I cut it with a wheeled trimmer but the grass and weeds still build up quick. Prob not much of a way around it but had to lift and clean the tow behind tiller over and over.  It's a lot of work for sure was hoping for an easier way. image.thumb.png.0a38ef8bf55c8ee3f4199f8f223964df.png

Edited by Robhuntandfish