UA rant

Bolt action

Here's a quick rant about my current experience with Under Armour. 

Going into this season, I was in the market for an early season jacket to use in October for bow season. I was looking for lightweight, waterproof (or at least repellent), quiet, and reasonably priced. 

After a little looking around, I decided on an Under Armour jacket (Under Armour Cold Gear Armour Storm Lightweight Waterproof Rain Jacket). I ended up getting it through a 3rd party vendor as opposed to UA directly (better price). When it arrived, it was just what I was looking for, except that the liner seemed really flimsy. It literally looked and felt like cellophane.  Giving the quality engineers the benefit of the doubt, I wore it twice in the field. The second time, that liner ripped in the right sleeve. 

I called UA customer service about the issue and emailed over a copy of my invoice along with the tags and a pic of the issue. I got no reply. I followed up twice, but still no reply. I called again today, and was told that I had no recourse through UA because I bought it through a vendor. I tried to explain that the issue wasn't the sales outlet, but it was with the quality and durability of the garment that they manufactured. They didn't offer me any solution. I then called the corporate office to voice my complaint. They said that because I bought it through a vendor, and because it was more than 60 days from the date of the purchase, they could not help me. The best they could do would be to offer me a 10% coupon toward a future purchase. So I spent $100+ on a jacket that is now defective after 2 uses, and I get 10% off toward another purchase from their online store which would still cost me $100+... 

At this point I'm just going to tear out the rest of the liner and  see how well this works. I many be in the market for another jacket to replace this one.

Ok rant over. Thanks for letting me vent. You guys are the best.

20 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I got the kuiu guide jacket on sale for 130 about a year ago. Didn't think I would like it due to it being a trim fit jacket. I love the thing it fits awsome over a couple layers and never binds in the elbows or armpits. Quality made. Just have watch for the sales though.

I thought i just saw something advertised for the biggest sale yet going on now or really soon. 

2 hours ago, Bolt action said:

Here's a quick rant about my current experience with Under Armour. 

Going into this season, I was in the market for an early season jacket to use in October for bow season. I was looking for lightweight, waterproof (or at least repellent), quiet, and reasonably priced. 

After a little looking around, I decided on an Under Armour jacket (Under Armour Cold Gear Armour Storm Lightweight Waterproof Rain Jacket). I ended up getting it through a 3rd party vendor as opposed to UA directly (better price). When it arrived, it was just what I was looking for, except that the liner seemed really flimsy. It literally looked and felt like cellophane.  Giving the quality engineers the benefit of the doubt, I wore it twice in the field. The second time, that liner ripped in the right sleeve. 

I called UA customer service about the issue and emailed over a copy of my invoice along with the tags and a pic of the issue. I got no reply. I followed up twice, but still no reply. I called again today, and was told that I had no recourse through UA because I bought it through a vendor. I tried to explain that the issue wasn't the sales outlet, but it was with the quality and durability of the garment that they manufactured. They didn't offer me any solution. I then called the corporate office to voice my complaint. They said that because I bought it through a vendor, and because it was more than 60 days from the date of the purchase, they could not help me. The best they could do would be to offer me a 10% coupon toward a future purchase. So I spent $100+ on a jacket that is now defective after 2 uses, and I get 10% off toward another purchase from their online store which would still cost me $100+... 

At this point I'm just going to tear out the rest of the liner and  see how well this works. I many be in the market for another jacket to replace this one.

Ok rant over. Thanks for letting me vent. You guys are the best.

I had the complete opposite experience 2 yrs ago, He had no receipt either (purchased thru team)  but maybe because they were just youth baseball pants it was a cheap fix. No questions asked they mailed me a new pair. 

• Like 1