Covid round two!

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

So they should buy billions in equipment for the 6" of snow they get a year and melts a day or two later? I wouldn't vote for that.  And yes, this state has and probably always will overspend. There are plenty of states that get snow that have way lower taxes than us. I would be willing to bet all of them do....

Exactly. And ask them how them windmills work out for them in cold weather. The Green Deal… Another thing the Biden voter supports. Amazing!!

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Well gas prices wouldn't be at this level, no mandatory vax would be firing people and I don't think the supply chain issue would be continuing.  Russia, China and North Korea wouldn't be walking all over him and inflation wouldn't be spinning out of control because of inept monetary policy.

Just my opinion, but I think it's justified.

Couldnt agree more-well said.

1 hour ago, Just Lucky said:

You realize the shutdowns,  and mandatory layoffs happened while trump was president?

My Employer was forced to 25 percent when covid hit. Instead of unemployment,  I went to work at tractor supply for 2 months, kept my own business running and made it through. It was not the choice some would have made, but I felt like I kept my pride. 

Border crisis is another pandemic used by both parties to create emotions. Illegal immigration has been occurring in this country before either of us was born, and a damn 15 ft wall would not prevent it.

We all know home depot sells 32 ft ladders, lol.

Not at the current and I beg to differ-it would.

So they should buy billions in equipment for the 6" of snow they get a year and melts a day or two later? I wouldn't vote for that.  And yes, this state has and probably always will overspend. There are plenty of states that get snow that have way lower taxes than us. I would be willing to bet all of them do....

And how are their schools, public health, and what ever else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Without a doubt things would be much better under President Trump-absolutely!!

I believe it would have been but to say without a doubt is talking in absolutes and never a good idea. It’s like saying someone’s Covid would have been worse without the vaccine. You never know a lot of people where asymptomatic to start with so it hard to prove after the fact.

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Being New York has the second lowest literacy rate in the country. I would not say New York schools are all that great.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

Here are the 10 states with the highest education scores:

1. Massachusetts (80.06)
  2. Maryland (73.21)
  3. Vermont (70.07)
  4. Connecticut (68.22)
  5. Colorado (67.97)
  6. Virginia (66.98)
  7. New Hampshire (66.32)
  8. Minnesota (65.57)
  9. Utah (64.53)
    1. Washington (63.77
Edited by ApexerER

Just now, ApexerER said:

Here are the 10 states with the highest education scores:

1. Massachusetts (80.06)
  2. Maryland (73.21)
  3. Vermont (70.07)
  4. Connecticut (68.22)
  5. Colorado (67.97)
  6. Virginia (66.98)
  7. New Hampshire (66.32)
  8. Minnesota (65.57)
  9. Utah (64.53)
    1. Washington (63.77

Not sure what happened. Washington is number 10. We dont' break the top 10. Looks like 7 of those states have to deal with snow. They also all pay less taxes

Being New York has the second lowest literacy rate in the country. I would not say New York schools are all that great.

Wrong

The Bottom 3 states for child literacy rates were Louisiana, Mississippi, and New Mexico, (highest to lowest).

1 hour ago, Chef said:

It’s very hard arguing with irrational people who think that the spoiled little billionaire actually cares about them.

All he cared about was lining the pockets of him and his associates. Most of his policy’s hurt the middle class especially in NY.

What I would like to know is how many members of this forum are part of the 1% or even the 5%.

There are a few and I’m pretty sure I know who most of them are.

Not true Chef- in fact, the opposite is true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

How about you just stop the bull and cut to the chase….. Do you.. Yourself!, Think that this country is in a better and safer place now under the one you voted for compared to the guy you voted against because you don’t like him. If the answer is Yes.  Explain!

Seems our left voting friend is not up to answering the question. Typical left maneuver. 

• Like 1

Beats me, you asked about NY and our top 3 taxes. Your taxes must be insane if the Salt deduction isn't helping you. Must be really nice to be ok with that...

The repeal of the salt tax deduction hurt me very much… because i pay 20k in property taxes.. also as a high earner and traveler for work not being able to write off my mileage hurts too and we have Trump
To thank for that

Seems our left voting friend is not up to answering the question. Typical left maneuver. 

How about i have no interest in talking with someone who is childish enough that that constantly insult my weight.

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

The repeal of the salt tax deduction hurt me very much… because i pay 20k in property taxes.. also as a high earner and traveler for work not being able to write off my mileage hurts too and we have Trump
To thank for that

Holy $&(%!!!!   I don't pay that per year with my taxes and mortgage payment. Nor could I afford too. 

That makes me sick to my stomach. Good for you for being able to afford that! Imagine how well off you will be when you retire and can move to a red state!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chef said:

So a general upward trend starting in the summer of Trumps last year in office?

Correct but you see a slow upward trend in Trump last year and a drastic rise in under Biden. There does seem to be a trend of higher prices under democratic leadership. Inflation and hyperinflation are not the same.

Holy $&(%!!!!   I don't pay that per year with my taxes and mortgage payment. Nor could I afford too. 
That makes me sick to my stomach. Good for you for being able to afford that! Imagine how well off you will be when you retire and can move to a red state!

My plan in retirement is to buy a farm in upstate NY and a condo on the beach in Florida… NY may-end of December

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chef said:

Wrong

The Bottom 3 states for child literacy rates were Louisiana, Mississippi, and New Mexico, (highest to lowest).

I am talking literacy in total not child literacy. https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/us-literacy-rates-by-state

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH