Jump to content

Ice time?


G-Man
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not worth risking one's life for a stupid fish!!!

I always have to shake my head at the first one's out there, with iffy conditions. Some badge of honor, for the less brilliant among us???

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No such thing as safe ice . Have seen places open up where 20 people have walked through a few hours before. Ice thickness varies a few feet at at times . Get a spud and learn how to use it . Caution and common sense. Or be a pussy like me and wait for a 4 wheeler  or a guy bigger than me to go first .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nytracker said:

No such thing as safe ice . Have seen places open up where 20 people have walked through a few hours before. Ice thickness varies a few feet at at times . Get a spud and learn how to use it . Caution and common sense. Or be a pussy like me and wait for a 4 wheeler  or a guy bigger than me to go first .

Okay, Tracker...I have a hotspot up here near Dogpatch...You go first....<<grin>>.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been through  the ice 2 times . Once as a teen trapping rats on a creek . All the way under . Washed down stream got lucky got my legs  under me and stood up through  a thin spot . 

Second time was up to my chest duck hunting a swamp. 

Lucky both times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filled the cooler out on Chippewa. The wife caught a few absolute giant jack perch. Biggest i have seen maybe ever. I’ll measure a few tomorrow. We weighed one that was over 2 pounds. Little white and yellow tungsten jig topped with a minnow. They hammered it all day mostly. 

720C7126-30CB-46B2-9EA8-4FDD22F21BAF.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Filled the cooler out on Chippewa. The wife caught a few absolute giant jack perch. Biggest i have seen maybe ever. I’ll measure a few tomorrow. We weighed one that was over 2 pounds. Little white and yellow tungsten jig topped with a minnow. They hammered it all day mostly. 

720C7126-30CB-46B2-9EA8-4FDD22F21BAF.jpeg

That's awesome!   I was just talking to a friend today that said they were catching some huge perch on Goose bay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ncountry said:

That's awesome!   I was just talking to a friend today that said they were catching some huge perch on Goose bay.

Oh i bet! I haven’t ice fished there yet. Plenty of times by boat. No tip up action today. We did get a nice 24 inch pike yesterday however. It will be nice when we get some ice closer to home at sodus and port bay. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...