Tri-pod hunting stand

Ihunt

So Monday afternoon I get phone call from my friend Asking if I was in my stand Sunday night... Long story short someone burned Down my hunting tree and stand so now so close to bow season I'm in scramble mode I don't have any time to scout a new location I need a tripod stand and I need to get it in now so the deer will get use to the new addition .... Finally my question is if you hunt a tripod do u like it and what is it thanks for your help

A tripod is nice if you have it high enough you can see very far.  (80 acre farm I could see 70 acres.) You need to have cover around it to be effective or get your camo set up as an alternative.  Otherwise your are very exposed but a swivel seat is nice to have all angles covered.  Not sure the deer will be use to it in one week.  Ghost blind might be a better alternative and works great! 

Is the tripod stand to be used for gun or bow? Unless you were to shove it back into a tree or some other kind of cover, I would think you would be kind of hanging out there exposed to the deer. I know they are sold, and used, and probably have some level of success, but just sitting there like a big old bird, and expecting incoming deer to just ignore you, doesn't seem all that realistic to me.

Ya it's no joke tree and tree stand I would post a pic if I knew how ... And it's my friends property iv spent way to much time effort and money not to hunt it with him not to mention that this was the only damage done ... For all I know a chipmunk got ahold of a live shell we may have dropped and blew it off in the tree or heat lighting or 1000 other hair brain ideas that make little to no sence this situation just hurts my head... There is a tree close by that I am going to stick a new stand in. I mean I have other stands to sit but with the right wind this is the stand to be in right on a natural funnel can't beat a spot that gets 3 deer for 2 diff people in one day

well thats different...looks like it was hollow..not a good tree to have a stand in to begin with... but i am guessing a squirrel hunter was sitting in it having a smoke and put the butt into the hollow, dry as tinder in there and tree went up.....

Edited by G-Man