This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. doebuck1234

Happy birthday FatBoyD

Missed this one.Happy birthday!!
  3. Today
  4. wolc123

Live From The Water 2019 Edition

I was using natural (I never use dyed) light brown on Sunday. Most of the deer around my place (on the NW corner of WMU 9F) have real dark brown, almost black tails. Both of my deer last year were from my folks place (on the SW corner of WMU 9F) where their tails tend to be a lot lighter shade of brown. The two deer that my buddy gave me, from the town of Centerville, had medium-brown tails. It seems that a light to medium shade of brown usually works best for me on smallmouth bass. I suppose that probably looks the most like a real crayfish. I use a 1/4 oz medium-brown, powder-coated round jig-head about 90 % of the time on Lake Erie, the Upper Niagara, and the St Lawrence River. If it gets tough to hold on the bottom in deeper water or windier conditions, I sometimes go up to a 5/16 oz head, but lighter is always better for getting good hook-sets, and keeping the fish on the line. At my in-laws place, up on a small Adirondack lake, I usually go with a 1/8 oz jig-head. The clearer the water, the better those bucktail jigs work, especially if they are on flourocarbon, 8-pound test line. I was surprised how clear the water was on Sunday, considering all the rain we have had this year.
  5. Elmo

Happy birthday FatBoyD

Happy birthday!
  6. Elmo

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

I never understood why they don't make AWD mini-vans? Considering that you're hauling kids around wouldn't you think it's kinda important to have?
  7. Elmo

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

Better yet, get the truck and then make her trade in for the mini-van when the time comes.
  8. Hawk914

Flying for work

Just don't do it in the bathroom of the plane I had some guy pass out coming out the bathroom of the plane last flight I was on they gave him oxygen , for a minute I thought they where going to do a emergency landing because the guy was to sick or drunk to get off the floor finally after about 15 minutes he felt ok to get up and back to his seat most likely just drunk later on I could here him throwing up in the barf bag a few rows in front of me .
  9. kpkot

What's for dinner tonight?

Bagelmasters
  10. Pygmy

Flying for work

Window seat for me...IMHO, a perfect flight is when I fall asleep right after boarding, and wake up when we taxi up to the gate at my destination... I have found that liberal application of alcohol helps me achieve my goal...
  11. Buckmaster7600

Good to hear! I anchored on the north side of snake hill last Sunday with my girl friend and another couple for a relaxing afternoon. I through out 2 rods with nite crawlers on bottom straight down in 20fow and caught 14 large mouth and 3 small mouths in a few hours. Was very surprised the LM’s were that deep. Good luck hope you hammer them!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Hawk914

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

With 11 million you could buy a yacht 70 foot long and still have cash to spare to cruise it down to the Caribbean and back to new york for the next 30 years
  13. The_Real_TCIII

Flying for work

I actually saw a study about this and believe it or not it claimed random boarding was the most efficient. I go through D.C. a lot where you take a bus out to the plane and board randomly and it's absolute chaos, easily disproving that study lol. Back to front definitely makes the most sense in my mind
  14. Elmo

Flying for work

Monterey Bay? That’s less than an hour from San Fran. The drive on US1 from San Fran is one of the best. I would have gone that route instead. I like the window seat because I can just pass out. You get stuck in an aisle next to someone who has to constantly go to the bathroom means you have to get up every time the want to go. I also try to avoid luggage when possible so usually have a large carryon which means I need to get in as soon as possible to assure I have overhead space. I never understood why they sit the people in the front first and then force the rear seaters to push pass everyone. Wouldn’t it make more sense to sit the people in the back of the plane first? That’s my rant! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. The_Real_TCIII

Awesome! You get down in there and it feels remote doesn't it? Last time there was a family of baby mergansers cruising around
  16. Biz-R-OWorld

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

No, that’s why she doesn’t want me to sell. Doesn’t want me to spend the $ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Elmo

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

The moment kids shows up her tune will change. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. turkeyfeathers

Thanks Bionic for the queso ingredients. We all dropped as much hot sauce as we wanted in a scoop chip and dug in. . Melted down big block of velveeta adding Rotel and dip away. So good I almost lost my phone We wiped out whole dish Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. dbHunterNY

trail cam de-scent

When I was in high school I used to shovel ripe corn silage in my hunting closes. Slow enough to not sweat a lot. It was in a crib feeder wagon and you had to knock it down every so often for the cows to get to it. Walked right through cow sh*t to and from. Bow stand setup along a pasture. Deer got nervous but didnt run away sometimes if winded. Old matriarch doe would pull the deer off the field still and keep plenty of distance if I got winded. I've learned over the years that older bucks or doe seem to be less tolerant. Some deer definitely have different demeanor than others too. No cover scent will keep a deer from smelling you a hunter. I just hunt with that in mind. Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  20. G-Man

4 days at the cabin.......

They will prolly chew a hole in it and set up a home inside it.. worse rodent ever...
  21. Biz-R-OWorld

Haha. I have to get to the hotel before 5pm otherwise they closed until the next day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. crappyice

Better load up now cuz you ain’t finding that in WNY and definitely not after 7:00pm. Once the Wheel starts spinning restaurants close from what I can ascertain from “the academy” hours. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. Hawk914

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

There is garbage dumb closed now not even 1 mile from that place . And you got to love the way they photoshop the water so it looks all nice and greenish blue like a tropical island Water over there around that island is brownish like crap . .
  24. First-light

From where?
  25. crappyice

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

Used to catch monster stripe bass with top water plugs right off the rocks right by the radio tower of “Shitty Island” aka City Island. Hit the fluke pretty good too but that was 20 years ago. That island used to be a rat trap Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. Bill Schmidt

2011 BMW 328 XDRIVE

40k would be cheap. My uncle was sending their kids to 55k a year nursery school Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  27. Jeremy K

trail cam de-scent

They make a camera that takes a picture 360 degrees , yes it made by WG but mine is a few years old and still going strong.
  1. Load more activity