All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Lawdwaz

Remember These?

Best thing they ever did is relocate these bastids. I spent six or seven years as a mechanic (yes, paid too) and replaced many many of these babies. Hard to believe I even fit down there to do it......... The young bucks here might not even know WTH it even is.
  3. zag

Youth baseball thread

Played a local tourney game tonight and won. Son played pretty well, pop up, double and a strike out, I think 2 rbi's. Pitched the last two innings and struggled again, not pitching with any speed, enough that other parents were asking if he was ok. After the game he said it hurts behind his throwing shoulder, something he's mentioned the last couple times, I just assumed he was making an excuse. Not sure where to go from here, Dr James Andrew?
  4. turkeyfeathers

What's for dinner tonight?

Little splurge on what I’m eating. Shared some bread sticks and queso, garlic Parmesan wings and roast beef on weck Franks in Lancaster Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Nytracker

River,streams,creeks,ponds and puddles?

I have fished west Canada. Fished it in the morning below the dam . Rough fishing as the damn was running alot of water . Managed two nice browns 16 to 18 inches that morning . Rough go of it in the high water. Fish fought like 25 inchers. Talked to a local and he convinced me to stay for the evening sulphur hatch . They shut the dam off and made the river wadable .I'm glad I stayed.. Some of the best dry fly fishing I ever had . The local guy met me there and we fished until dark. I had the hot fly that night . Parachute sulphur. Was worth the 5 hr trip home at night . Wifey wasn't happy with me getting home at 2 am . I ended up sending that guy a dozen flies a week later. He offered to let me camp on his property if I ever came back up . Never got back up there.
  6. doebuck1234

Beer

Well said
  7. Today
  8. Stay at home Nomad

Tonight on Channel 7

That’s how you amaze friends and family , watch it on an earlier channel .... Farrah , had the poster still have the Playboy issues . Although im no homo love that, Ladd, Cheryl Ladd the best angel !
  9. philoshop

Tonight on Channel 7

Farrah Fawcett was a talented actress. Watch the movie "The Burning Bed". She wasn't all just teeth and hair, there was real substance behind that image. The same can be said of Cher: watch the movie "Silkwood", or "Mask" (not the mask with that d-bag carrey). I think Cher is a POS but her role in that movie was stunning.
  10. Pygmy

What be this ?

Jackie Chan's left testicle ?....
  11. Pygmy

In my experience, wild brookies will take nearly any fly, even if you don't present it perfectly, as long as they don't SEE you.... As an example, while on a bowhunt for elk in Colorado, I caught a bunch of brookies from a small mountain stream, mostly by dragging a dry fly across the surface...No self respecting brown would hit such a presentation, but the brookies loved it.. An old friend of mine, long gone now, always said that when he was fishing brookies he always preferred a fly with a bit of RED on it...
  12. crappyice

Tonight on Channel 7

Hilary?!?! Wtf man?!? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. crappyice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. crappyice

Ok. I’m glad it’s something that will get you back in the water....rat! Dinner didn’t look half bad either Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. ny hunter

Tonight on Channel 7

She was one very hot lady.....I still remember her poster.....
  16. Merlot

What be this ?

Thought it was a golf ball with interesting dimple pattern.
  17. Yesterday
  18. Water Rat

Love those Panther Martins. Only artificial bait I’ve ever caught trout on.
  19. Nytracker

You will be amazed how a trout materializes out of the stream bottom . Brook trout tend to live in skinny water and are very weary. Be careful of shadows sudden movements and bright clothes and noise. That said they will take a fly like they haven't eaten in a year. They dont tend to be fussy. Royal coachman ausable wolf's. Caddis. Lite leaders 7x 8x . Look for shady spots and overhanging brush. Brook trout seem to like tannic water and rocky bottoms when it comes to streams.
  20. Water Rat

Tonight on Channel 7

That’s messed up..... hate that beotch .
  21. Water Rat

Thanks turkeyfeather....still hoping you get that 2nd buzzard.
  22. Robhuntandfish

My two favorite Brook trout lures are the smallest panther Martin fly spinner in 1/32 oz and the trout magnet in same weight. I always fished little brooks for them and had the best luck. Lots of walking thru brushy places but go where others don't. Ponds u usually need a boat of some sort to fish them well.
  23. turkeyfeathers

Tonight on Channel 7

7? Usually 7:30. Hillary speaking at 8?
  24. Water Rat

Tonight on Channel 7

The one and only gorgeous Farrah Fawcett. Hard to believe she died 10 years ago. Michael Jackson died on the same day.
  25. turkeyfeathers

2019 Lawn Thread

Send it.
  26. Biz-R-OWorld

2019 Lawn Thread

Fueling Up Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. I've been reading and watching videos for the past few months about trout fishing mostly brook trout.Theres little streams and creeks all over the place up by my house[fulton/Hamilton county's] The problem i'm having is I don't know what the heck i'm looking for? Everything I read and watched says trout like to sit behind rocks well after throwing spinners,spoons,grubs and minnows[plastic] i'm lost.I've walked up and down west and east Canada creek and never got a hit or saw a fish.There's a few ponds I can get to but they look very shallow and snaggy.I'm also not sure where I can fish left bank - right bank what the heck is that all about. Some spots had nothing but rocks for as far as I could see other spots where void of anything.I'm planning another trip up in a few weeks just to fish this time. I was thinking of throwing a worm out this time everything likes worms.Would a fly be a better set up I have a 4wt. and 9wt. never caught anything on a fly but tried a few times in saltwater.Looking for some tips to get me started.
  1. Load more activity