Muzzy Products now owned by Feradyne Outdoors, LLC (Rage)

Fantail

With both being private you won't have financials, but I suspect Muzzy wasn't selling/profitable as well as they used to be and the innovation wasn't there to sustain business continuity. Muzzy makes decent BH but there have been some QC issues creeping in since they began making their own bh in house rather than outsourcing them. I think sales started to fall flat and Rage was interested and there you have it....Rage got a solid name in the business and the Muzzy chick got out smartly. Wal-mart was Muzzy's largest retailer, and Rage recently started popping up in WalMarts...so from their perspective they just gained a significant market share within the world's largest retailer.

Of course, that's all interpretation, but that's probably the most likely scenario.

Phade, what do you mean no financials? Every company has financials. It's just the reporting aspect that changes.

I mean being privately owned, we don't have access to their reporting as compared to a publicly held/traded company. We simply cannot tell if their sales revenue started a decline, costs went up, etc. since there is no annual report, 10K, etc. available.

Edited by phade

I mean being privately owned, we don't have access to their reporting as compared to a publicly held/traded company. We simply cannot tell if their sales revenue started a decline, costs went up, etc. since there is no annual report, 10K, etc. available.

Gotcha!

Took the cash and ran, while company was still competitive.

Not sure what became of the founder, but Michele Musacchia Eichler, CEO of Muzzy Products is the daughter.

Married to former hunting show (long & compound bow hunter) host, Fred Eichler.

Still does a lot of product endorsements. Has a guide service also (Colorado?).

Loved that guy! Always got super excited regardless what he shot.

She was on a lot of his shows.

It's amazing how times change. 10-12 years ago Muzzy was the big dog and their marketing campaigns showed them as the leader in new designs and quality. Now they are being gobbled up by a company that wasn't even around when they were on top. A company that took marketing to a new level. Pay as many hunting celebrities as you can to use your products and the general hunting public will buy it. I bet Bruce Barrie from Rockey Mountain Broadheads is kicking himself these days. As far as i know, his Snyper head and Revolution head were the first rearward deploying blades on the market and in some ways the snyper may be superior to the Rage but nobody ever heard of them.

to bad I shot them for years, I could just take a file to them and they would be ready to go and shot just like a field point. I sent a msg to the owner about 12 years ago telling her that they sold more than any other mfg of BH in my shop. WHy due to the quality of the BH line.