Tough month of pics...

wooly

love the first one, the lips look so white and fuzzy

Thanks!

That little guy has been following me around for the past 2 days. He's becoming quite the ham. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him soon!

Really appreciate you guys taking the time to look and comment!

You all would think differently of me if you saw all the shots that didn't turn out quite right,lol.

That's how photography works. When I'm on vacation, I purposely take several shots of the same thing at different exposures and different lighting and keep the best one. A friend of mine who's a wedding photography told me that he and his team would take over 3000 photos during a wedding but give the couple 200 to 300 of the best ones.

That's how photography works. When I'm on vacation, I purposely take several shots of the same thing at different exposures and different lighting and keep the best one. A friend of mine who's a wedding photography told me that he and his team would take over 3000 photos during a wedding but give the couple 200 to 300 of the best ones.

I couldn't agree more.

It does take on a new level of persistance or commitment over typical point and shoot when you're dealing with constantly changing conditions.

That's part of the challenge for me I really enjoy and learn from.

How many times have we heard it said...."I wish I had my camera"? or " I wish I had a better camera" like that would gaurantee a one shot Kodak moment worthy of framing and pulling your Van Gough of the wall,lol

Nope...I just post them here and another forum for anyone interested in checking them out.

It would be nice to get paid for them, but there are so many other folks out there much better (professionals) at this than I am.

Nope...I just post them here and another forum for anyone interested in checking them out.

It would be nice to get paid for them, but there are so many other folks out there much better (professionals) at this than I am.

I disagree. The most successful photographer isn't the best photography...just the one that advertise themselves the best and establishes connections. Unfortunately, doing so sort of takes away the fun away from it. A friend of mine use to work as a photo editor at amNY asked me to take some pictures for a weekly neighborhood profile assignment and he was short that week. So I went. Talk to a few people, took pictures, had them published in the paper. He paid me $150 free lance fee for the work but I told I didn't do it for the money and I did it more for the experience so we spend that $150 on a night out at the bar. I learned that day that the business aspects of it makes it unenjoyable. I rather take landscape shot where there's no one rushing me, I don't have to deal with anyone, etc. My friend took a position in Saudi Arabia shortly right after so unless I want to fly out to the middle east, no more assignments for me.

In any event. My opinion is that my best work (and from what I can see, your work as well) matches that of a professional. The only difference for me is that I can't gaurantee the shot and do get enough of them. In a baseball analogy, my home runs travel just as far as a professionals. The difference is that the professional just hits it that far more often.

• Like 1

Thanks Wooly, I used the second fawn picture.I like the colors and the light showing through the ears of the fawn.Also brings the outdoors inside.

You're welcome, enjoy!

If anyone would like to become my first client, feel free to send me some ca$h or gear upgrades in exchange for exclusive rights to any of my pics,lol

B)