MLB 2022

BizCT

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

So I just learned PNC Park is now cashless , it would seem to me that will slow things up . I go buy two beers I’d give the guy $20 , $25 whatever and walk away  saying keep the change  . So now I gotta slide a card, hit approve ,enter a tip ? Plus there's no way I’m passing my card down a row of seats to the ones walking the stands . 

Anyone been to a cashless ballpark ?

No bags either ,wtf , we often spend the day walking the cites, prior to the game .A string bag with a water bottle , maybe rain gear, sunscreen , reading glasses  ect is handy .

They still accept gold

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nomad said:

Is that at Oak Hill by me ? Our friends are members there, and a retired cop I know is a cart and bag boy and gets to play for free on Mondays . Anyhow when I was an EMT, I had the opportunity to work those events .

5727631E-D3E5-46E0-9698-8B6034A45E3D.jpeg

I took this iconic photo that day

1M5SnI0DQENpLcQ15o5kNqegaHIprtKPJaMUkmRbNSeL8nDPxIRaWHH_EdKvp3mO_ncAnTRRL-d7kRLj14apDdbZYnrM2ewIqQbo4-lj6N9fnkKyzwuJVeJlD6oVjzDi92fpsyr4iA_J4motrQPJAj-XTfnr-iYeFl7NQE_wog1u4luVOG-907edHB_MxM2pHbN6Q2NsWto8k3YAAmLSWQkM7qfhk8KrExNrQRZ8gBD-fZmOADdmDpNe_rN_Pv8Vhi1JburtFLSs8_nBs6PpkmRb6RGg98Uw2pFL31cf7LGONhthBA73OHEaYqjTYzwhpftOpihAdUrFUTxHa63jeZZLbg1BSzNhcH77-PCGyll8a1mOobWQKJjJAWTZ7CadqFiEMCdjIWHJCuOgtmZ1aSfE7au5wapAMobAcRVMlI7S_HypTWvOKFacKH7GuHDuaQ2Zfz-utscSR2dT1LQPGk0oFMXebNDcQyRa01lFnNDNTw2ZuljpoKBfQ9NxLtBsXEDBC5C3ev0TN_6dYPtCm72J8ZhbkLfU_nEiNK9RMHHHhmmZfKvargBCS0OtdQPgasO1xjeqlLSiUTRgeKfRKTVSgfhZYGHGjgHIkZfb3xotXoI_gwaODgHCV2leQlnZ8VHKtXRO1Mm0Vpl2iu6gET_5q5wYP3LR3M_oeucy3xHSU4z-Y7iSb0PZ2I67IpxTlRdmWA1f6cppTNrS3aHe3ev4cEGDEmEEkErPMz_5LYXdyJYP15c=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They still accept gold

As it should be my man . The issue there is 1/10 oz is the smallest coin and ,1. You pay a higher premium on those and 2. current spot plus premium is $280 ,I’m going to need at least 6 Iron Cites for that .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Whos first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The WS lock Yankees. But my point was, we may be better than our record shows of 4th place in the AL EAST. We blew a ton of games. DO NOT LET US SNEAK INTO THE PLAYOFFS OR WE CAN SPOILER like last year knocking off Rays and Yanks

Edited by BizCT

14 minutes ago, BizCT said:

The WS lock Yankees. But my point was, we may be better than our record shows of 4th place in the AL EAST. We blew a ton of games. DO NOT LET US SNEAK INTO THE PLAYOFFS OR WE CAN SPOILER like last year knocking off Rays and Yanks

Yanks have third best chance to win WS, lets see if they can shock the world!!! Sox have a 60% chance to be a wild card

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Yanks have third best chance to win WS, lets see if they can shock the world!!! Sox have a 60% chance to be a wild card

this is the first year with new playoff format. Best of 3 for WC's instead of 1 game. a Sox/Yanks playoff would be fun again. 

17 hours ago, BizCT said:

Sox 2nd best run differential in AL without Sale or any pitching emoji102.png

Watching the Yankees game last night I heard a stat that surprised me. I dont remember exact record but in the last 25 games Boston had the best record in baseball.  But could only manage to gain a half game on the Yankees. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cory said:

Watching the Yankees game last night I heard a stat that surprised me. I dont remember exact record but in the last 25 games Boston had the best record in baseball.  But could only manage to gain a half game on the Yankees. 

Sounds about right. We were way out of it, and didnt catch Yanks but caught everyone else. But without Sale, Eovaldi and Whitlock now Im not sure how many shootouts we can keep winning

Edited by BizCT

Ho hum Yanks win again. Waiting for
October at this point. Its the bittersweet part of Yankees fandom, its a bust if they dont win it all

I feel like history may repeat itself. Another 100+ win season and choke in playoffs to a mediocre team?

12 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ho hum Yanks win again. Waiting for
October at this point. Its the bittersweet part of Yankees fandom, its a bust if they dont win it all

I had a conversation with the young cop nextdoor awhile back . I said I’d make a great cop, anyone with a Yankee sticker on their car ,instant ticket , and wearing a hat or t shirt , two tickets .

One of those stupid satin jackets , I’m planting drugs in the car .

I had a conversation with the young cop nextdoor awhile back . I said I’d make a great cop, anyone with a Yankee sticker on their car ,instant ticket , and wearing a hat or t shirt , two tickets .
One of those stupid satin jackets , I’m planting drugs in the car .

Dont get me started on Cardinal fans...

I feel like history may repeat itself. Another 100+ win season and choke in playoffs to a mediocre team?

No reason to think that, you just hope it happens. This team is built different than the past few years

No reason to think that, you just hope it happens. This team is built different than the past few years

They’ve stayed healthy. Usually big trees fall hard, we’ll see.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:01 AM, Nomad said:

So I just learned PNC Park is now cashless , it would seem to me that will slow things up . I go buy two beers I’d give the guy $20 , $25 whatever and walk away  saying keep the change  . So now I gotta slide a card, hit approve ,enter a tip ? Plus there's no way I’m passing my card down a row of seats to the ones walking the stands . 

Anyone been to a cashless ballpark ?

No bags either ,wtf , we often spend the day walking the cites, prior to the game .A string bag with a water bottle , maybe rain gear, sunscreen , reading glasses  ect is handy .

Unless people are frisked before entering, any chance you can wear baggier sized cargo pants/shorts, and load up on bags of peanuts, pretzels, etc, and avoid the heavy pricing? Back in the early 70's we guys used to go to the NBA Buffalo Braves games at the Aud and lined our inner coat pockets with bottles of beer...not too many, otherwise there would be too much "clanking" of bottles...jenny cream, I recall.