Interesting Youth Season Spot on News

phade

This very well could be the case, but I can only speak on behalf of myself and the people I personally know. The ones including myself that do have children do indeed take their kids out with them. And yes even opening day of gun. Until an accurate poll has been taken of fathers with honesty and accuracy we have no idea if its large or small percentage.

I cant answer a question I dont have an answer for. .......... Unfortunately either parents or kids just lack the desire. Sad from a hunters standpoint.

Well, here's the problem .... it is really a bit of a cop-out to say that you can only speak for yourself and those around you, and then in the next paragraph talk so definitively about how "either parents or kids just lack the desire". The fact is that we can speak for and about hunters other than ourselves when the results are so obvious. I don't need a poll to tell me that parents, friends and organizations are dropping the ball when it comes to getting their kids into the field for hunting. If that were'nt obviously happening, we would not be having this conversation.The fact is that parents and/or kids do seem to lack the desire and interest. Hence the declining new enrollment in hunter ranks. Will special youth seasons impact that situation? Nobody has yet explained how, since the same opportunities afforded by a special season are available right now in a much more suitable time of the hunting year. And that is where my question about the source of these mentors comes from. If we can't answer that question, then it tells me we have the wrong solution. So that is a question that can't just be sloughed over with a simple, "I don't know".

Now here's the problem I have with special youth seasons. It seems to me that you are treating the symptoms rather than the actual problem. And such action merely is designed to make people feel like they have done something useful which detracts from efforts spent on thinking of real solutions. Rather than letting people off the hook for coming up with well thought out solutions, I would rather see time and effort invested in working on the problem of parents and other hunters dropping the ball. I would like to see people take all that passion and energy and point it toward programs in the schools that convert child disinterest into a real desire to participate. Here is a place where the DEC could have some real impact. I would like to see programs that promote families participating in outdoor activities that foster an interest in nature and the human activities that surround it. A state sponsored PR activity comes to mind. I want to see fish & game clubs encouraged to work with groups of youths to become some of those missing mentors that I have been talking about. If you have the mentors, you don't need the special seasons. Archers have been moving in the right directions. NYB with their youth hunts that they sponsor and conduct. We have a huge program called National Archery in the Schools Program which is designed to promote the use of bows and arrows in competitive activities. You can bet that that program has a huge spin-off result in bowhunting among youths. These are real programs and activities that have real results. They are things that restore the "cool factor" to outdoor activities. They're not things that people just toss out there and hope that they might work. I don't like these things that simply put a coating over a problem symptom and never do address the actual problem. These are usually the kinds of things where people walk away all puffed up, wiping their hands and declaring, "problem solved!" And that's what I sense with the people surrounding this special youth season.

Just two months to go before the Youth Season and the governor has not signed the bill to squash it yet. I know that most think he is going to rubber-stamp the vote in the Assembly on the croosbow bill with the weird little final sentence, but I think the odds are growing so that we may see a Youth Hunt on the first weekend of the Southern Zone archery season.

Just two months to go before the Youth Season and the governor has not signed the bill to squash it yet. I know that most think he is going to rubber-stamp the vote in the Assembly on the croosbow bill with the weird little final sentence, but I think the odds are growing so that we may see a Youth Hunt on the first weekend of the Southern Zone archery season.

I agree. And then everyone will walk away patting themselves on the back, all smug and satisfied that the problem of youth recruitment has been taken care of. Everything will go silent on youth recruitment for another bunch of years until they finally take another look and suddenly exclaim, "Wow, we have a problem!"

whats the point in doing that?

So he can feel good about him self agreeing with his own post through another name. Or maybe so it makes it look like he is not the only idiot with nothing good to add too any topic. I wont tell how I personally feel about the guy but most can already figure that one out. LOL Welcome Back WNYBuckHunter!

Wasnt that by a regular member that was busting your chops and does so on a regular basis? Regular members cant see the IP address that posts are made from. Moderators can for each post. Just a quick look at each one and its easy to find people posting from the same address. Add to that the same exact sentiment worded differently, and it doesnt take much for things to add up.

[

This must be when you really starting thinking? I noticed something was off when bellava agreed with Doc, no one agrees with him lol

Nasty attack right out of the blue .... lol. Thanks a lot .... Don't understand it, but thanks anyway .... lol. :dontknow:

Speaking of dual identities, maybe Bubba and Paula are the same people .....lol. Both kind of like sniping just for the sake of sniping .... :haha:

I think Paula was just busting chops Doc. Shes busts everyones here and there.

Yeah Paula, I smelled troll almost right off the bat. I didnt look at the IPs until recently though.

Yeah maybe ..... but probably not.