First 5 of the year

WNYBuckHunter

I finally had a chance to get my bow out and clean it up this morning. I decided to shoot for a bit before things got going for the day as well. Figured I would shoot a group, then move to spots. Heres the first 5 arrows of the year for me at 20 yards. Not bad, I hope it just gets better the more I shoot. Ive been having shoulder issues for months, but have been feeling a bit better the last couple of weeks.

2012-07-21_10-34-40_166.jpg

• Like 1

Nice shooting there WNY! I need to start up soon too. Lots of things put on back burner including shooting since my illness started in April. Doing much better the last few weeks and been playing catch up. Hoping to get to range this coming week.

I finally had a chance to get my bow out and clean it up this morning. I decided to shoot for a bit before things got going for the day as well. Figured I would shoot a group, then move to spots. Heres the first 5 arrows of the year for me at 20 yards. Not bad, I hope it just gets better the more I shoot. Ive been having shoulder issues for months, but have been feeling a bit better the last couple of weeks.

2012-07-21_10-34-40_166.jpg

Put it away until Oct 1st...

Nice shootin' WNY. You say you hope things get better the more you shoot, but i don't know if you can improve on that. Keep doin' what you doin'.

My form is still off, I ended up with a nice bruise on my arm from the string tagging me. Those first 5 were pretty good, but I had some after that where I grabbed the grip at release which pulled the arrow a tad high and right, and like I said, a few where my form was off. Those are the things I need to get cleared up again.

I also love shooting, and do alot of it starting around this time of the year, earlier if I have time.

My form is still off, I ended up with a nice bruise on my arm from the string tagging me. Those first 5 were pretty good, but I had some after that where I grabbed the grip at release which pulled the arrow a tad high and right, and like I said, a few where my form was off. Those are the things I need to get cleared up again.

I also love shooting, and do alot of it starting around this time of the year, earlier if I have time.

Your form and grouping dont look to bad from the pic.When you practice do you shoot with the same clothe's that you would be hunting in,and would'nt this change your form?I find my form is not the same when im just in a tee.

I will start practicing in my hunting clothes later in the summer. For now its just a Tshirt, etc.

Grow, I havent started shooting elevated yet, but I will be soon.

I noticed that my peep seems to have rotated a bit, maybe from string stretch. Gotta go get that adjusted this week. I can still shoot it, but its tougher to line up left to right.

nice grouping for first few. i shoot all the time, i love to shoot in general. whoever said put it away till october 1st i hope your joking. theres a big different between people who love to shoot and just your average lazy hunters who shoot the day before the season opens. i love 3d and just shooting in the yard i shoot anywhere from 10-80 yards just for fun. im sure someone will turn that statement around thinking id shoot at deer at 80 yards lol, not a chance. 40 max with complete confidence but even that would have to be a shooter with a slow season

I will start practicing in my hunting clothes later in the summer. For now its just a Tshirt, etc.

Grow, I havent started shooting elevated yet, but I will be soon.

I noticed that my peep seems to have rotated a bit, maybe from string stretch. Gotta go get that adjusted this week. I can still shoot it, but its tougher to line up left to right.

I noticed when i am shooting elevated that more weaving happens is this/must be wind on the ground placement is almost exact but when elevated shot's seem to be left or rite how to fix this.

nice grouping for first few. i shoot all the time, i love to shoot in general. whoever said put it away till october 1st i hope your joking. theres a big different between people who love to shoot and just your average lazy hunters who shoot the day before the season opens. i love 3d and just shooting in the yard i shoot anywhere from 10-80 yards just for fun. im sure someone will turn that statement around thinking id shoot at deer at 80 yards lol, not a chance. 40 max with complete confidence but even that would have to be a shooter with a slow season

Thanks. I wish I had more time to shoot through the whole year. I love shooting my bow. Between my fiance's coaching, and the kids, holidays, etc, its next to impossible for me to shoot all year.

i know the feeling there, i got 2 little ones at home an 11 month and 3 year old so luckily they arent into all the sports stuff and foing all sorts of activities and such. i have a nice setup at home for shooting it takes me less than 5 minutes to setup any distance i want and shoot a few arrows so sometimes ill shoot for 10 minutes and other times an hour. my fiance shoots also so it gives us something to do every once and a while even if it is for a short time but i always enjoy it no matter how many i shoot

• Like 1

I noticed when i am shooting elevated that more weaving happens is this/must be wind on the ground placement is almost exact but when elevated shot's seem to be left or rite how to fix this.

I generally have that same problem, but I blame that on the fact that my fear of heights has me grabbing the tree with both hands. That makes my shooting real inconsistant. :crazy:

I like to practice elevated. Set a stand up in the back yard. Shoot seated. Also standing hold my leg against the side rail of the stand. I'll even practice with one foot on the seat shooting behind. Then again, no fear of heights, but respect. Find it helps with balance. Also harnessed.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter