SCENT KILLER

biggamefish

Ingredients for Scent Killer:

16 oz. (2 cups) Peroxide

16 oz. (2 cups) Distilled Water

¼ cup baking soda

1 oz. On non-scented shampoo

Let sit for several days (milk jug works good with lid loose) You can also use this recipe is for removing blood from your hands in the field after dressing your critter.

i dont get why one would go thought the trouble of making there own and spending the almost the same amount of money to make it when there is literally 100 different types on the market and all price ranges to suit all financial needs...

i dont get it???

i dont get why one would go thought the trouble of making there own and spending the almost the same amount of money to make it when there is literally 100 different types on the market and all price ranges to suit all financial needs...

i dont get it???

I don't make my own either but there are a lot of people who simply enjoy the "do-it-yourself" approach to things.  I would also venture a guess that when comparing volume to volume, buying the ingredients and mixing it yourself probably does save some money over time. 

Personally , I am too lazy to make my own and come up with containers to store it in .

Someone on here mentioned the Hunter's Specialties "Scent Away Spray" working great . I bought a 12 oz spray bottle for $4.95 at Wally-World with a $2 rebate on the bottle . It most likely would be cheaper to have made my own but this worked for me .

As the Viper stated , people enjoy the do-it-yourself approach !

I buy my own also. I had to Google to get the recipe!

I'm glad that I re-read your post . I was going to ask what kind of peroxide .....

Hydrogen peroxide, usually 35% by volume is normally sold. It should be diluted by at least by 50% or more if you should intend to spray it on your clothes. Be reminded that hydrogen peroxide is a strong bleaching agent. I would test the solution first before appling it to ones clothing.

with pre season scouting, trail cams, hanging sets, cutting shooting lanes and evryday normal life things. id like to just buy it and not worry about that...  As if there is not enough things for me to do during hunting season. and in all honesty, i am a scent control freak! i buy a gallon of scent blocker every year and at the end of the season i have a 1/4 bottle left, its not really worth it to me to have BULK... and its not like storing it for next season will do you any good. scent control is good year to year, i wouldnt trust using it the following season...

just my 2 cents