Any spring break April vacations?

REDNECK4LIFE32

1 minute ago, bfahy13 said:

Currently sitting pool side on Hilton head island. First relaxing trip in 2 years. 

Nice. Are you golfing? My buddies and I did a long weekend there and played Harbour Town (the pga course) too. Nightlife was fun too at the Barmuda Triangle. 

12 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Nice. Are you golfing? My buddies and I did a long weekend there and played Harbour Town (the pga course) too. Nightlife was fun too at the Barmuda Triangle. 

Played yesterday and playing tomorrow. My parents want to retire down here so we come down for Easter every year. It’s awesome. Will have to try Bermuda Triangle. 

3 minutes ago, bfahy13 said:

Played yesterday and playing tomorrow. My parents want to retire down here so we come down for Easter every year. It’s awesome. Will have to try Bermuda Triangle. 

Nice. Where did you play? IIRC, i played 4 rounds - Harbour Town, Fazio and Trent at the Palmetto Dunes, and Golden Bear Indigo

On 4/18/2022 at 6:29 PM, Bobbym said:

Murrells inlet it's about 20miles from myrtle but a world of difference  I have had a condo there for almost 15 years 

Absolutely love that place. Ate lunch watching the goats on the island.

On 4/18/2022 at 6:46 PM, BizCT said:

I’ll be in Phoenix/Scottsdale this weekend for work and some fun days. If anyone else is, let’s meet for a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll be in PHX in June. Might as well take a trip to the sun.

PHX for some reason just doesn't vibe with me. Good food, ASU makes me feel like I made a bad decision when choosing colleges when I was younger, and generally stuff there seems newer/modern. I just struggle with the landscape and everywhere I went (short of visiting ASU for work) seems like it's the same. Also not a golfer, so there is that, too.

But guys, if you have a son, have them go to ASU. Heaven on earth 18-22.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phade said:

PHX for some reason just doesn't vibe with me. Good food, ASU makes me feel like I made a bad decision when choosing colleges when I was younger, and generally stuff there seems newer/modern. I just struggle with the landscape and everywhere I went (short of visiting ASU for work) seems like it's the same. Also not a golfer, so there is that, too.

I love Scottsdale. The restaurants/atmosphere/etc. This will be my first time in Phoenix, but it's the Waldorf so i expect it will be great. Totally agree re ASU, but I would have died if i went there at 18. @Chef went there!

Oh and southern arizona for hunting was awesome in the Santa Catalina Mountains (Feb and Oct I went). So much wildlife- turkeys, deer, Jackrabbits, Kudamundi, etc. The mornings were 30's and daytime highs of 70's. Saw lots of illegals in woods too though.

2 minutes ago, BizCT said:

I love Scottsdale. The restaurants/atmosphere/etc. This will be my first time in Phoenix, but it's the Waldorf so i expect it will be great. Totally agree re ASU, but I would have died if i went there at 18. @Chef went there!

Oh and southern arizona for hunting was awesome in the Santa Catalina Mountains (Feb and Oct I went). So much wildlife- turkeys, deer, Jackrabbits, Kudamundi, etc. The mornings were 30's and daytime highs of 70's. Saw lots of illegals in woods too though.

Isn't Scottsdale in Phoenix? I lived in Prescott Valley for 2 years, hiked all over, trout fished in oak creek canyon, really unique landscape that's for sure.

Just now, Kmartinson said:

Isn't Scottsdale in Phoenix? I lived in Prescott Valley for 2 years, hiked all over, trout fished in oak creek canyon, really unique landscape that's for sure.

Close, but 20-25min apart. 

22 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Close, but 20-25min apart. 

When we go to PHX, we usually redeye it home, and stop at oldtown and get juiced up between the office and airport. Sleep like a baby on the flight home. 

59 minutes ago, phade said:

When we go to PHX, we usually redeye it home, and stop at oldtown and get juiced up between the office and airport. Sleep like a baby on the flight home. 

That's exactly what we do. This time I'm going to hit the Mets/Dbacks game sunday, scottsdale, then overnight direct sunday night into monday morning to JFK. My wife and I always think about a condo in Scottsdale but the JetBlue flights there and back are wonky hours

1 hour ago, BizCT said:

That's exactly what we do. This time I'm going to hit the Mets/Dbacks game sunday, scottsdale, then overnight direct sunday night into monday morning to JFK. My wife and I always think about a condo in Scottsdale but the JetBlue flights there and back are wonky hours

We usually do M-Thur and get in Friday morning. Long work trip but we get out to Westgate and Scottsdale, etc. Friday home is usually a "gimme" day where we have the computer on at home but usually sleep or stuff at home for being gone all week. About the only thing I'll engage in on that Friday is an EE issue or an escalation. Otherwise, I usually end up mowing the yard at some point, lol.

EVERY SINGLE TRIP so far for me has been away games by Suns, D-Backs, and Coyotes. I checked again and D-Backs are in San Diego for Pete's sake. I usually avoid going there in the fall due to hunting season but wouldn't mind seeing the Cards in that stadium, too.

• Like 1

I love Scottsdale. The restaurants/atmosphere/etc. This will be my first time in Phoenix, but it's the Waldorf so i expect it will be great. Totally agree re ASU, but I would have died if i went there at 18. [mention=762]Chef[/mention] went there!

I did go there and it was insane. One of my best friends from high school went to Michigan. He came down to visit and all he could say was we partied harder during the week than the Michigan kids did on spring break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

We usually do M-Thur and get in Friday morning. Long work trip but we get out to Westgate and Scottsdale, etc. Friday home is usually a "gimme" day where we have the computer on at home but usually sleep or stuff at home for being gone all week. About the only thing I'll engage in on that Friday is an EE issue or an escalation. Otherwise, I usually end up mowing the yard at some point, lol.
EVERY SINGLE TRIP so far for me has been away games by Suns, D-Backs, and Coyotes. I checked again and D-Backs are in San Diego for Pete's sake. I usually avoid going there in the fall due to hunting season but wouldn't mind seeing the Cards in that stadium, too.

Gotta go in the fall and go to a Sun devil game. Go party on mill ave before the game.

9 hours ago, phade said:

My friend went there and never left ! I went out every May for two weeks .

Of course it’s way built up now , where we used to shoot in the desert is all homes now .

I recommend tubing the Salt River , if you like drunk young women that is .

He worked during school as a velvet at some good clubs, made a ton of money, and at the end of the night “ met “ a few women .

Edited by Nomad

My friend went there and never left ! I went out every May for two weeks .
Of course it’s way built up now , where we used to shoot in the desert is all homes now .
I recommend tubing the Salt River , if you like drunk young women that is .
He worked during school as a velvet at some good clubs, made a ton of money, and at the end of the night “ met “ a few women .

The salt river is awesome, the drunk sunburns I gave gotten there are epic

• Haha 1