Another o/u for me

After work the other day I stopped by the Dick's in Albany and found a Franchi Diamond (12g) on the rack. I had looked at this one previously but wasn't ready to buy, as luck would have it the price had dropped $50. Upon inspection I found a minor ding in the stock and asked the guy if I could get a little discount. Off came another $50 and I came home with it. I got it for $600, not bad considering the MSRP is much higher and the last time I had seen it it was $700. Most likely will be the best deal I get at a box store.

Not a bad looking mid/low priced OU

I'm happy because my wife quickly took over the Stoeger I bought in January, now I have one too..haha

post-28-0-65975000-1345331371_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on the new addition, Doe...

Bird guns should have two barrels.. I like both stackbarrels and side by sides, although if I HAD to choose, I'd probably go with the side by side.. Fortunately, I don't have to...My 12 gauge Citori handles pheasants and waterfowl, and my 20 Gauge SKB 100 handles grouse and woodcock...

Congrats on the new addition, Doe...

Bird guns should have two barrels.. I like both stackbarrels and side by sides, although if I HAD to choose, I'd probably go with the side by side.. Fortunately, I don't have to...My 12 gauge Citori handles pheasants and waterfowl, and my 20 Gauge SKB 100 handles grouse and woodcock...

Thanks fellas,

Some day I will be in that position to have a choice too. Side by sides seem to be less available than o/u's, so it is easy to find a decent stackbarrel.

And to think a few years ago I couldn't care less about buying guns, now I have been on a roll so to speak, 3 shot guns in 2 years of different varieties and a few more to go and plans on another Browning rifle down the road...I'm going to need a bigger gun safe. :biggrin:

• Like 1

So I went and shot skeet today for the first time ever and did pretty good with the gun. A nice guy helped us out and basically gave us a lesson for free and I was able bust a bunch of clays. He gave my wife a look after I told him I had never shot skeet before and I proceeded to nail the first few. Hehe My wife tried it and did well with it too, don't even have a skeet choke yet. Thumbs up from me!