send letters for crossbows in NY

First, saying someone is selfish is not name calling.

Of course it is.  Just like if I said you were obnoxious, abrasive, or idiotic.

Second, you do still have to draw a crossbow, it just stays drawn. Pointing out facts is not obtuse, well unless you are trying to dispute the facts I guess.  :D

Congrats....you win the narrow minded award for the day.  It means drawing in the presence of game....you know that, you totally understand the difference, yet you played the obtuse card anyway.

Pretending there is no differences between bows and crossbows don't make them disappear, you know. ::D

1 - nope. Now if I called you an a-hole, that would be name calling. Saying you are acting like a selfish jerk, is not name calling.

2 - I knew what you meant, figured id twist your tit and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the laugh.  ;)

Spotlighting is different. You dont use them with deer because they are mesmerized by the light, hogs and other animals are not. That is the difference is fair vs unfair in that situation.

Keep focusing on the most minute details and continue missing the point.....k?

If you are going to throw something out thee as a comparison it is fair game to be picked apart. Sorry you used a bad example.

Second, you do still have to draw a crossbow, it just stays drawn. Pointing out facts is not obtuse, well unless you are trying to dispute the facts I guess.  ;)

Many of the crossbows have cranks to draw the string back which requires minimal effort .

I don't agree with those items and would oppose them. If they were passed...so be it. It would have zero effect on my hunting because I still have the choice of how I hunt.

So now you exactly understand my position.

I do not need to roll over and play dead to crossbow intrusion....I will oppose it.

If it ever passes....so be it.  I won't use one, and I will never consider a crossbow toter to be a bowhunter.

I don't agree with those items and would oppose them. If they were passed...so be it. It would have zero effect on my hunting because I still have the choice of how I hunt.

So now you exactly understand my position.

I do not need to roll over and play dead to crossbow intrusion....I will oppose it.

If it ever passes....so be it.  I won't use one, and I will never consider a crossbow toter to be a bowhunter.

I understood what you said before. I also agree with NYA in that those issues you listed are not what most consider fair chase (aside from B&C and P&Y dancing around the bait issue). I would really like to see a seperate category for the crossbow in one of these organizations...if they don't track it already. (I apologize if they do...I don't follow the books much)

As far as a crossbow toter being a bowhunter....really doesn't bother me how any of us are categorized...I would be happy with us all being hunters...legal and ethical...and as many of us as we can get in the woods

I also agree with NYA in that those issues you listed are not what most consider fair chase (aside from B&C and P&Y dancing around the bait issue). I would really like to see a seperate category for the crossbow in one of these organizations...if they don't track it already. (I apologize if they do...I don't follow the books much)

I don't consider crossbows to be fair chase during bow season, either.

As for records....B&C would accept a crossbow kill, and SCI would, too. 

Not P&Y....they do not consider a crossbow to be a bow. 

I really wasn't cally you or any of the others selfish, Arrow. I was just stating that any reason that I have read for opposing it was based on a personal principles and that kind of bothers me when those are applied to the majority. When the majority of hunters seem to support this and there is still such vocal opposition (which is always your right), it does make me wonder about the motive. I am not assigning any to you.....Just leaves me wondering what they really are.

So if the majority wanted baiting legalized...you OK with that?

How about poison pods?  Or jacklighting?

hey you forgot ICBM's and land mines....

There a reason why your suppose to take those Meds. every day SIT ::)

i finally figured out who you are!!!!your the "I PICK THINGS UP AND I PUT THEM DOWN" guy.

judging by your repeated, "I SEE SLOB HUNTERS AND I BUY ZEE LANDT"...I SEE SLOB HUNTERS AND I BUY ZEE LANDT" statements, i'm sure your him!!!! :D :D :D ROTFLMAO!!!

DAMN, Joe.. That would be some tough hunting. albeit  more challenging...

Perhaps some of the hunters who need more of a challenge in thier deer hunting might consider that...

As per MOI and a lot of other hunters who grew up here in NY and have lived here for 50 or 60 years , we would just like to be able to take the 1 or 2 or 3 deer per year to eat that we are accostomed to taking...

I am beginning to think that this obsession with big bucks is somewhat of a perversion...

Actually, I have been feeling that way for several years..

Second, you do still have to draw a crossbow, it just stays drawn. Pointing out facts is not obtuse, well unless you are trying to dispute the facts I guess.  :)

Many of the crossbows have cranks to draw the string back which requires minimal effort .

Most dont. Unless you absolutely cant draw one, why would you buy a crank model? Talk about a slow reload.

hey you forgot ICBM's and land mines....

I am sure you are for them....if they would help you take a deer. :)

i never had a problem filling my tags bow or gun, and thats why hunters (including me) entering the woods with crossbows is absolutely no threat to me or most successful hunters in our state.

Great!

Make a deal with you......

I'll help get crossbows in for those who need them.

You help me keep them out for those who do not.

i'm a hunter, we don't deal with anti's or people who wanna do things to hurt our sport in NY state. like i stated before, no more half measures, we already got that, it's gonna be full inclusion so all sportsman in NY have the right to use a crossbow if they choose to during archery season.

the days of hunters accepting "NYB's inc" ideas of comprimise are done, a disability permit that requires a hunter to be a quadriplegic and blow thru a tube, I MEAN REALLY!!....now a lame law that allows crossbow hunters to enter the rifle woods with a piece of archery equipment "WOW WADDA DEAL? ??? ?

we're just following the same route every other state followed to full inclusion, a couple of 1/2 measures of acceptance at first, which is the way lawmakers do things, but that is only temporary. we wont rest till we are shooting "YOUR BUCKS" with our crossbows in archery season......

DAMN, Joe.. That would be some tough hunting. albeit  more challenging...

Perhaps some of the hunters who need more of a challenge in thier deer hunting might consider that...

As per MOI and a lot of other hunters who grew up here in NY and have lived here for 50 or 60 years , we would just like to be able to take the 1 or 2 or 3 deer per year to eat that we are accostomed to taking...

I am beginning to think that this obsession with big bucks is somewhat of a perversion...

Actually, I have been feeling that way for several years..

The truth is that there has always been an obsession with big bucks for most hunters... I don't know a single hunter that wouldn't love to kill a big buck... the fact that some of us have chosen to just hunt bigger bucks seems to be threatening to some hunters.. I started hunting big bucks nearly 20 years ago because the little guys just weren't  challenge for me any more... It's not a trophy thing for me.. it's about keeping my hunting exciting and challenging... I have gone some years without a buck because of my pickyness, but that doesn't bother me... some of my most exciting hunts were ones where I never got a shot at the buck.. in fact my favorite hunting year ever was one where I was on  a big buck nearly every day that I hunted... I passed on numerous small bucks saw many big bucks without getting an opportunity for a clear shot...I filled 2 does tags during late muzzleoader instead..but every time out was more exciting than the last.. thats what it's about for me.

Most dont. Unless you absolutely cant draw one, why would you buy a crank model? Talk about a slow reload.

Slow reload ??? You only need one shot !

If someone is unable or too feeble to draw a bowstring , a crank would simplify things . Isn't that the thought process of using a crossbow to begin with to get women , kids into the woods that are unable to draw a bowstring as well as aiding the physically handicapped . 

here's a couple of the guy's who the anti crossbow nudniks are sooo threatened by...

Nudnicks are what I see here...uhhh, I thought it was a deer...I'm old, and can't see...can I still mount it?  What's that? What did you say?

Time to sit on the porch, and drink Ice Tea..or something stronger..

I love those two guys, but really wouldn't trust them in the deer woods without supervision.