Damn Bees

fasteddie

I was removing a Real Estate sign from a vacant lot by Canandaigua yesterday afternoon . My boss had installed in it March and piled some rocks on the swing arm so the post wouldn't blow around in the wind . As I was removing the stones , I thought Oh Crap as there was a nest of ground bees . I pulled my hand back but not quick enough and got stung .

One of those little ba$tards stung me just above where the thumb joins the hand . I went to Wegman's to get something to numb the pain with no luck but was able to get some "Sting Eze" at Rite Aide . I took some Antihistamine last night but the back of my hand is still swollen . I hate bees !!! :angry: ... :angry: ... :angry:

When I washed my hands at Wegman's I had a laugh . On the mirror over the sinks there was a notice ..... "Warning , water may be Hot" . Well duh , no fooling but I guess they have to do that for the dumb butts that might not realize this possibility .

wow funny you guys bring this up, my wife raked over a ground bee nest yesterday afternoon and got stung 7 times, she came running into the house tripping up the stairs on the way in and those little bastards followed her right into the house!. i was running around my living room killiing bees while my wife was screaming in the bathroom. i killed about 8 in the house, it was total pandemonium for about an hour! i had to have a stiff drink to settle down after that!!!

Edited by sits in trees
  • Like 1

Yep ...Glad hunting starts early...my excuse to stay out of the woods......All needed weed whacking and trail mowing can happen after I tag out in bow and there is a good hard frost....I'll be moving the fire wood piles than as well...so here's to an early buck and fall chores before gun season...With no running through the woods being chased by bees!!!...lol

Every body be safe out there...the damn things are cranky this time of year...

they a re bad right about now... was cutting the lawn yesterday with my 48" walk behind and by the telephone pole i noticed a hole and assumed ground bees, as i walked past they were pouring out! i put it in 4th gear and drove across the lawn in a hurry! LOL my neighbors were prob like what the heck is geno doing? lol

me and my family got in the car last week to go out to eat we made it 4 house down from our house and my 3 year old started screaming like crazy for a second we didnt know what the heck was wrong until i looked at his ankle dam bee got stuck between hhis ankle and pants and stung my son lol

I was out clearing out an old overgrown trail last weeekend with a friend when I had something hit me in the eye. I thought it was a thorn from the multiflora rose we were cutting through so I slowly took off my glove and grabbed it only to find that the "thorn" was a yellow jacket stuck in my scruntched up eyelid. Just as I started to yell to my buddy to be careful because we had a nest near by he got it in the forehead. So we moved ahead to what we were hoping was safer ground and share in our pain when I got it again in the neck! My eye swelled up pretty good but not horrible. My friend however swelled up worse and had to take a day off from work the next day becasue he said he looked like a star trek character. We found the nest, in the ground under a bush we were trimming on. I felt a little better about it two days ago when I walked by and saw that a skunk had dug out the hive. Dang bee's!

The bees are ruthless this year, tried burning a ground nest with gas and they got me twice before I got the fire going. Think I'll stick to trying some of that Beer can chicken you guys are talking about, just saw a commercial with Guinness Beer Can Chicken... HMMMMMMMMM :yahoo: