Finally Found The BIG Boy!!!!!

Cabin Fever

Whats cool about him is he is pretty "typical." usually when you get into bucks taht have 12, 13, 14 + points it is usually "junk." he has such a perfect rack. I dont' know If have ahve ever seen 7 on one side inline like that.

he is over 170" btw whoever guessed that number. I have a 160" behind my house that I have enough pictures of to be damn close on teh measruement and this buck is considerable larger.

Rich Johnson Buck > http://www.nyantler-outdoors.com/record-whitetail-bucks.html scored 180 1/8....could this buck break the NYS Record for Archery-Typical?

Rich Johnson Buck > http://www.nyantler-...tail-bucks.html scored 180 1/8....could this buck break the NYS Record for Archery-Typical?

I bet its close! The "X" factor is mass. That record buck looks willowy to me. Pictures can be really deceiving. You put a hunter in the background it can make a buck look giagantic. This buck looks a bit heavier. That extra 10" in scoring for mass is the difference between a 170" and 180" and the difference between an awesome buck and a record book!

Great buck. Good luck. And for the love of Christ, don't defrost the freezer. That is like taking a knife hunting. Just a guarantee that you won't get him. :taunt:

Defrosting the freezer is for the does! I know I'll probably never see this buck! I've been after this buck for 3 years now, but have never seen him, other than getting several pics. B)

Edited by Cabin Fever

WOW amazing deer. I look forward to seeing your pictures with your hands wrapped around him, this will be your year!!! Good luck! What a beast!!!

I understand how hunting something so amazing keeps you up at night, call me if you want some help. LOL I think that was the buck in my dream last night!!!

Can't wait to read your story!!!

What a monster, makes me think with all of the growth from last year if that will be typical for the rest of the deer in the state with the mild winter.

When you give the right buck the right growing conditions and he's able to live to maturity there's no telling what he might turn into . I believe that there are going to be some monsters shot around the state this fall...but not a whole lot of typicals of this caliber will be tagged. He's a really special deer!!!

The deer I'm after (I also call him "Big Boy") took a turn for the more non-tyical side of things since last year...

PICT0014ttbnbndfafafdeaf_zps7088aab5.jpg

PICT0094f-1.jpg