Bow Opener

oneidacountyhunter

Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Yeah I know, pretty poor planning. But really, I'm still not ready. I have a real wild flinch that has reared its ugly head this year, and I need more work to get rid of it. It's ok, I'm not in any real hurry yet .... lol.

First day off in a long long time was today. Was going to go out this morning, of course it was raining hard, then was palnning on a night watch too, yep you guessed it still raining hard. Bums me out. Next chance I will get is next saturday afternoon then its game on down to camp as work will be caught up then. Good luck everyone and think safe and be smart out there.

Hunted 10 hours yesterday for PA bow opener, 1 seen browsing in the distance.

Raining hard here now but scheduled to taper off for tomorrow morning. Should make for a quiet walk in and some relatively active deer.

Forecast looks good with a WNW breeze so I will be hunting the appropriate stand until 10am when daddy daycare resumes till 4 pm when I will either hit another stand, or preferably start quartering my morning kill!

Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Yeah I know, pretty poor planning. But really, I'm still not ready. I have a real wild flinch that has reared its ugly head this year, and I need more work to get rid of it. It's ok, I'm not in any real hurry yet .... lol.

i had the same thing about 6 years ago and i stopped shooting for a couple weeks when i resumed practicing it was gone. its hard to practice that (some call it target panic)away for me, seems the more i shot the worse it got..

Drove down to my camp early this am to check on things and check trail cams. Was weird to leave camp the eve before opening day lol. But I am off tomorrow and tuesady hunting local close to home then back down to camp for the weekend. Good luck to all that are heading out tomorrow. Cant wait to here reports and see pics! and so it begins the MADNESS for the next 2 months!!!!

Made it up to camp this afternoon with my bro. Did final check on stands. Made sure shooting lanes are clear. Pulled cards on cam. Couple of nice 6's and an 8 pt near the stand. Had to cut away some fallen trees on path to treestand. Hoping for a cooler dry morning sit tomorrow. Hope to be posting some pics of one of them on the ground. Good luck! Be safe all!

3 months to go no rush here. Still havent bought my no scent soap, deoderant, or wipes. But I still might head out tommarrow night and sit in the climber overwhatching some oaks and see if I can peg a doe. Shooter bucks wont be out till middle of next month anyhow. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by erussell

i had the same thing about 6 years ago and i stopped shooting for a couple weeks when i resumed practicing it was gone. its hard to practice that (some call it target panic)away for me, seems the more i shot the worse it got..

I have had this before, and was able to eventually control it. And, I am making some progress now. The weird (and lucky) thing is that it never happens while shooting at deer. There is just something about shooting those little round circles that can bring it on. Weirdest thing I have ever experienced. Hopefully it will not effect too much of the season. But I will not go out without having my shooting absolutely up to par. And when you are flinching all over the place, it's hard to get any confidence.

I'll get by it sooner or later. Maybe it's a good thing we do have a longer season this year. I'll probably use the extra time just getting my shooting back under control.

Been up since 3 in anticipation. Weird thing though is an owl is what woke me up, which never happens. Maybe I'll get another buck this year, an owl flew in right before I shot my deer last year. Good luck all, hopefully the wind stays a bit calmer than the forecast.