Scrape cam...

WNY Bowhunter

Went back to the farm today to try to find a spot to hang a stand where all the action was yest. evening and noticed fresh paw marks in the cam scrape on the way in. I pulled the card and found that Dagger had visited again overnight. He's looking pretty studly and appears to be teasing me now. What I don't like is that he's hanging out next to the road a lot. I sure don't want him to end up in the back of a truck next weekend with a rifle-hole through him and his retinas burned out by a spotlight...

PICT0014c.jpg

PICT0015x.jpg

Checked the cam again on the way to hang a stand yesterday and found 4 early morning visitors on the card. I think these 3 yearling bucks (spike, 5-pt, 4-pt.) are the smallest bucks on the farm...

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0033-1.jpg

This guy is a 3.5 year old...good body size...not too great in the headgear department.

PICT0035.jpg

Guess so...not much on top.

Nice shots!

He sure didn't put on much bone from last year...

PICT0525.jpg

I saw this buck monday evening. He came out into a cut cornfield where I'll be set-up tonight in a new stand. I'm debating whether or not he's a shooter for this early in season should he show up again. My goal is a 3.5 year old buck, reguardless of score. He fits the bill, but like I said...it's early yet!!!

Tough choice, can only make that decision when it presents itself.

I killed a decent buck, if I had known what deer specifically it was that he was staring at....I wouldn't have shot. Sometimes, it's just a heat of the moment decision.