Gunshops

Guest gunner61

Guest gunner61

Just about two weeks I decided I needed to visit an honest to goodness oldtime gunshop as I am a little tired of the Basspro's and Dicks[not to ruffle feathers about those places but they are not the same as a real gunshop]. So anywho,I told my brother be ready in ten minutes as I was picking him up for a day of road ramming, we are both retired so thought it would be nice to visit the gunshop in Central Square,I hadn't been there in a few years but remembered it as a place with a lot of inventory to drool over. Well lo and behold we get there,finally remember where it was and yup,closed. Talked to a young fella at a gas station and he said it had been closed for around five years,damn shame. Man that sucks,I miss the gunshops where a fella could walk in and maybe handle a new gun that might go home with ya but also a place to have some good conversation with the owner and maybe other patrons about guns and hunting. So after dronning on and on{I apologize},does anyone know of a actual stocking gunshop in or around the Red Creek area. There seems to be a lot of places listed but after trying to find several I realized they are mostly guys ordering guns but not have much in the way of inventory. Used to be a place called Pettits near Wolcot but went there the other day and thats closed. I miss those places.

Well , if you 315'ers head West , there are some gun shops in Civilization

Custom Gun Shop ---Walworth --- 315 986 1717

Kielon's Guns shop --- Webster --- 585 872 2256

Beikirchs --- East Rochester ------- 585 248 3660

Here are a few other places ... location , web address , etc

http://www.armsdealer.net/businesses/category/gun-shops/new-york/rochester

Elite Guns is located on Rte 11 in North Syracuse. Small shop, but lots of very cool Milsurp items, some belt fed guns, and the like. Owner is very down to earth, and easy to talk to. Also you have Frank's out in Canastota. The small shops are still around, but they seem to be

sparse in CNY.

Elite Guns is located on Rte 11 in North Syracuse. Small shop, but lots of very cool Milsurp items, some belt fed guns, and the like. Owner is very down to earth, and easy to talk to. Also you have Frank's out in Canastota. The small shops are still around, but they seem to be

sparse in CNY.

Where on Rt. 11 is this place. Im in Cicero & never heard of it. Getting sick of Gander Mnt.

small local shop in weed'sport called the fur shed good group of guys and alot of in stock. also does a great job with buying and selling skins. also not sure if they are still open but parkers pond up in cato used do do some really good business and took the hands on approach. best of luck to ya bud

Guest gunner61

Last I knew about the fur shed they got shut down from selling guns quite a few years ago. Last I was in there they didn't have any guns diplayed but its been awhile so I will check. As far as Parkers Pond,have done business there for years on and off. When George and his wife I think her name was Gloria ran it,it was quite a place to go and buy or just talk. George is a hell of a nice guy and had some good hunting stories from years past[this was in the late 60's to 70's. Then Gloria passed away and George just lost interest for awhile and the place kind of fell into disary. Eventually his daughter Sue and her husband took over and built the new shop that sets just behind the old one. They ran it for awhile but i think they had the same problem every other gunshop had,trying to compete with the likes of Walmart,Basspro and Dicks,anyway they eventually turned it over to another fella,can't remember his name and as far as i know its still running. I just can seem to find it when its open,I dunno. Again,sorry to ramble but I love to talk,err type.

Guest gunner61

Just wanted to repeat what I said,thanks to all who replied,its been interesting to see there are still some gunshops out there and hopefully they will remain so people like me can go to them and lie about what a good hunter I am. Everytime I tell the story of my first buck he gets another point,funny how that happens!!

Elite Guns is on Rte 11 in North Syracuse down near Geddis bakery area on the other side of the street. They are mostly military guns and have everything under glass. There is a big shop on route 5 just past Camillus near the Carpenters Brook fish hatchery. They have LOTS of nice stuff.