thurmos help

I just went to ganderand got a stanley 16 z. thurmos it was over 30 bucks. i heated it up with boiling water and put super hot coffee in it. went to the woods for a all day sit and 3 hrs. in went for a cup and it was warm to cool at best.I can remember my dad n the 70,s would take coffee to work and it would still e hot at dinner time. I want a thurmos like that. And i think it was a stanley. any ideas?

So, i have a Thermos brand "thermos" (sounds funny when you say it that way) and it SUCKS!!! same thing, my stuff stays hot for a while, then is luke at best when i drink it. My brother-in-law who I hunt with bought a Themos brand from Target. It was one of the "extreme" ones. it was $28 or there abouts. It keeps things hot FOREVER!! It is ridiculous. You can quite literally put boiling water in it and it is still too hot to drink the NEXT morning! I honestly didn't believe him until the last time we hunted he actually made me try and drink it. I threw mine out and bought the same one. Best money spent ever. they still sell them at Target (I THINK it is called the "rock")

So, i have a Thermos brand "thermos" (sounds funny when you say it that way) and it SUCKS!!! same thing, my stuff stays hot for a while, then is luke at best when i drink it. My brother-in-law who I hunt with bought a Themos brand from Target. It was one of the "extreme" ones. it was $28 or there abouts. It keeps things hot FOREVER!! It is ridiculous. You can quite literally put boiling water in it and it is still too hot to drink the NEXT morning! I honestly didn't believe him until the last time we hunted he actually made me try and drink it. I threw mine out and bought the same one. Best money spent ever. they still sell them at Target (I THINK it is called the "rock")

This one?

http://www.target.co...27&term=thermos

Or this one

http://www.target.com/p/thermos-stainless-steel-king-bottle-blue-1-2-l/-/A-10848034#prodSlot=medium_1_21&term=thermos

I have an old (maybe 20 years) Thermos. Its awesome. I prime it with hot water, out of the sink, let it stand for about 15min. and fill it up. It's good all day. Try wrapping it in an old hand towel. Lay the towel out, lay the thermos at one end and roll it up in the towel.

On real cold duck hunts I would stuff mine into an old oven mitt. Hot all day. Good luck

I have an old (maybe 20 years) Thermos. Its awesome. I prime it with hot water, out of the sink, let it stand for about 15min. and fill it up. It's good all day. Try wrapping it in an old hand towel. Lay the towel out, lay the thermos at one end and roll it up in the towel.

On real cold duck hunts I would stuff mine into an old oven mitt. Hot all day. Good luck

my buddy from work has one of the old "glass"insulated ones.It is all beat up and dented and lasts forever.I actually passed one up at salvation army once for 4.50 with a leather carrying case.Why was i soooooo stupit!!!!!

Yeah ...mine isn't glass but its all dented and scratched up. Some times the older stuff is better.

I remember those old glass ones from when I was a kid. We would get a new metal lunch box every year before school started. The cheap glass thermos, that came with the box, lasted like one day !!! but I think my Evil Kanivel one lasted 2 days... LOL!!

Edited by ants

I have a Hot Cold Champ that was my Grandfathers for years before it was handed on down to me,I have had it, seems like forever.It was made in R.O.K yeah,Korea. Stainless steel in and out.Best thermos I have used.I have an older all plastic wide mouth for soup and or coffee,but the Champ rules.

post-835-0-74093200-1352329003_thumb.jpg

post-835-0-75290100-1352329025_thumb.jpg

post-835-0-18609000-1352329055_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I suggest hitting antique shops. Like any carefree young a$$, I lost the screw in topper of my fathers Stanley. No big deal, I'll just buy a new one... Bought a new one that never held heat. I hit antique shops until I found an old Stanley thermos. Happy ever since. They just don't make stuff the way the used to.

My Stanley one works great. If I have coffee left at the end of the day, it is not scalding hot, but it is not even close to luke warm. Maybe it is old enough to not fall into the new junk. One small piece of advice is to wrap the cup part with some sort of cloth so when you drop it out of your stand, it only clunks on your steps instead of clanging.