Will they still be chasing this weekend?

Sambuca

Sure they could be chasing. I've never been one to believe that bucks will all be chasing at the same time. I think they can chase anytime between October thru December if he comes across a receptive doe. Just because one is chasing in my area, don't mean you'll see one chasing in yours either. They are the same as human males. Have a girl lift her skirt a bit and give you a wink and most of us will get stupid real fast. No different for a buck.

• Like 1

They are the same as human males. Have a girl lift her skirt a bit and give you a wink and most of us will get stupid real fast. No different for a buck.

except for that we're always chasing, or in the case of us married guys "locked down". Could you imagine if there was a human mating season? that would be something. someone should make a movie about that.

Edited by Belo

Good luck, Sam...Those spikes and forkies make good freezer fillers <grin>...

Nothing wrong with being selective, though, if killing bigger bucks is more important to you than meat.

It's pretty tough to manage for big bucks with only 80 acres UNLESS you have neighbors that play by the same rules.

Thanks Pygmy, I have no problem taking a smaller buck, but it would be cool to get a biger one which is why I've held out. I'll probably take a yearling this year if the opprotunity presents. In the past I just kept thinking there's a big one on his way in. Theres no chance of managing deer at my place with so many small parcels around. Every deer taken from our new property is a treasure to me and my wife. Antlers are cool but that's not what its about for us, its about harvesting a deer at the home away from home that we worked so damned hard to get. Eventually we'll get lucky and shoot something worth hanging on the wall of our little cabin.

Last night I saw a buck with a singled out doe in the middle of a field. I pulled right up to the field and watched them for a few mins. He never moved, she just kept feeding. This morning, on the way to work I saw 2 bruiser bucks having it out in a cut corn field with 3 or 4 does off to the side just eating and watching. I expect this weekend is gonna be a good one, at least in my neck of the woods.

Gonna be hard to match the chasing that was going on earlier this week here. Things have really quieted down.

I expect to see some bucks following does they're already locked down with, but full blown, multiple buck, peak chasing is pretty much done in my 9h area.

On my way to work this morning I stopped to glass my fields and there was an eight point chasing around a smaller buck, they locked horns briefly then the big guy jabbed the little guy in the side as he tried to run away. After a few minutes the little one was still just milling about but the eight point turned his attention to a doe and her fawn and put his head down and quickly followed them into the pines and out of my view.

just got back from takin the pooch for a stroll around the neighborhood and had a 6 pt cross the street right in front of me, then a doe, then another little buck, round the corner looking out into golden rod field and there is a doe standing there at 20... then tines tines tines stand up from the brush, sat there n watched them for better part of 20 minutes, if she moved he would move. he was not letting her go anywhere, so im sayin tomorrow looks like it should be good, nice weather, cold... can't wait to stick that nine point thats given me the slip twice already with the bow... good luck tomorrow guys!