After A Lousy Day Yesterday, Didn't Bother To Go Out This Morning

13BVET

What a lousy opening day. Turned me right off to going out this morning. It had nothing to do with not seeing deer-that's hunting. What it did have to do with, was noise. The idiots on the road down below, decided to kick up the chainsaws, and wood chippers, at 7:50 in the morning! It lasted all damned day. They had left the wood chipper there, which meant they would obviously be back this morning. The noise was literally deafening, and there was no question it affected deer movement. Not going to waste my time on that!

Bad day here , only saw 1 tail . Sounded like a party in the woods. hooping and hollering monday all the weekend ,fair weather hunters will be gone and time to get back to business. This was by far my worse opening day ever.. But that's what goes on , on public land.

It has been an interesting season to say the least. The bulk of the shooting was finished by the time the season legally opened yesterday. Shots almost 40 minutes before legal sunrise for this area. The first shot was so dark that it was a challenge to make out the trees in the woods. I have no idea what they were shooting at ..... maybe each other. The rest of the day was just an exercise in boredom. The shooting just stopped. I sat for the whole day, and it was about the most boring opening day I have put in. I think the weather was so nice, that everybody did just like I did, and sat all day with nobody moving deer at all. So the deer were bedded up, and the hunters were bedded up and nobody was doing anything. This morning (Sunday), it was a repeat without even the early morning shots. That's pretty discouraging. I'm taking this afternoon off. Tomorrow, my still-hunting begins. Maybe I can make my own action.

It has been an interesting season to say the least. The bulk of the shooting was finished by the time the season legally opened yesterday. Shots almost 40 minutes before legal sunrise for this area. The first shot was so dark that it was a challenge to make out the trees in the woods. I have no idea what they were shooting at ..... maybe each other. The rest of the day was just an exercise in boredom. The shooting just stopped. I sat for the whole day, and it was about the most boring opening day I have put in. I think the weather was so nice, that everybody did just like I did, and sat all day with nobody moving deer at all. So the deer were bedded up, and the hunters were bedded up and nobody was doing anything. This morning (Sunday), it was a repeat without even the early morning shots. That's pretty discouraging. I'm taking this afternoon off. Tomorrow, my still-hunting begins. Maybe I can make my own action.

did the same thing.. hunted everyday this week saw nothing, weather has been perfect. took today off, going to go out tomorrow then tuesday its back to work :(

I was up at 3 am and went to bed around 11:30 last night . Didn't go out today . Went to 8:30 Mass and then to breakfast . Gotta take a nap . I am beat . This old man can't do what he used to be able to do when young .

And remember ..... hunting is recreation. We don't have to hunt to eat. There's a lot of days left, and we each should be setting our own pace. Not only that, but from what I have seen so far this year, you may not have really missed out on anything. It sure sounded like a lot of guys took today off.

"Shots almost 40 minutes before legal sunrise for this area. The first shot was so dark that it was a challenge to make out the trees in the woods. I have no idea what they were shooting at ..... maybe each other."

Too bad they missed...didn't read about any human harvests in the paper. Same thing in 7S. I think I heard nearly as many shots between 630 and 755 am as I did over the next hour. I heard a shot about 1/4 mile from where I hunt 15 minutes before legal shooting. I know the time because I was checking my phone when the shot range out. I ran saw the guy who hunts there later in the morning. He bragged he killed a small 8 pt. Rather an argue with him, I mentioned to the landowner what I heard and when legal shooting is to begin. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

saw nothing and all the shots were far far away.So hardly any pushing.Good i guess for next weekend.Maybe they won't be all spooked.fingers crossed.

But to top it off the bedding are behind my house i saved for gun,by not stinking all up and spooking deer.Well the neghtbors has a bunch of younger guys running all around his oh,2 acres scaring every deer in the bedding area.I don't want to go down to try to catch the trespassing on my land or my stands cause i will just push the deer to them on my way down.Hopefully they are just there today.Sucks i saved it for gun and they spook it all up.The other 80acrs behind me only has 1 hunter too.So that sucks.Now they wont bed here.grrr.freaking idiots.wish i could paint them with paint balls. :angry:

I saw 7 does yesterday and the Big boy( the slightest sound which is not normal ) and he is gone.Saw 5 doe this morning and 1 doe with the big bow this afternoon,they saw us coming and they were gone again.The Big boy is for shure an 8 pointer could be a 10,never stays still long enough to glass him.

opening morning seen nothing until 9 a.m. , seen 7 doe moving thru field , then a few minutes later saw 2 deer come thru but not sure what they were, then a spike and then the best part of the morning a small 4 point came in chasing a doe all over the place ,he had his nose buried in her, 5 yds from the stand she stopped dead in her tracks and he was right up on her, put the gun up but just didnt seem right to pull the trigger

Ive been walking around the house all day pissed to no end , prime 90 acre plot completely shut down to any deer activity from a select few people who seem to think putting up tree stands the last week of archery wrapped in plastic tarps is a good idea (neighbors on 2 sides) and one other guy who my buddy lets hunt there that got a new climber this year and decided he wants to move locations every 2 hours (he has had the last 2 weeks off work and has done it for 14 days straight) Two trail cams only show activity from about 10pm til 3 am ,all the monster bucks we were seeing the week before archery on the cams are long gone . Im already racking my brain to come up with a new hunting location for next year .

typical.

Moving every two hours?What a dummy.I try to sit all day during archery.If not,i will move to different trees only when i go then come back.I have my favorite trees i sit in but i don't over do those trees.the climbing up and down them is what kills the spot.Some trees are only morning trees and some evening.

I also over hunted my land i think during archery even tho i am very carefull about entry and exit.I saved my back yard sanctuary for gun.Just to have the neighbors ruin that.All the 4 yrs they have been there they never hunted.Now they are?UGH!!And its just walking thru thick crap.You gotta hunt that sitting above it.Getting in an hr before sunlight.And tip toeing out.UGH!Now my other neighbor is gonna have them bedded on his land,since he hardly ever hunts.

Edited by arrow nocker

You guys seem so worried about what everybody ELSE is doing that you have a hard time enjoying the sport...

Too bad that nobody but YOU knows how to do things properly....

Oh well..No skin off my beak...Time for my nap, so I can stay awake to watch "Boardwalk Empire" and then get up and enjoy another morning in the woods tomorrow, despite all of those inept clowns that don't know how to hunt properly.

Bad day here , only saw 1 tail . Sounded like a party in the woods. hooping and hollering monday all the weekend ,fair weather hunters will be gone and time to get back to business. This was by far my worse opening day ever.. But that's what goes on , on public land.

Ik how you feel. I went out to public land for opener i herd problly 200 shots and at times 15 from the same person. There were people trying to still hunt and not being still at all. So tomorrow if every one is gone or at least the majority maybe i can see more deer than just the one i seen today, so go luck.

Just remember you can't get them sitting on the couch.

I had one year with nothing and it was the last day of the season.

Went out in the woods to stalk. Here come kids on a four wheeller pulling a sled.

They went by me once and five minutes came by me again. I figured this a was a wasted effort. A minute after they came by I catch antlers moving in the drainage ditch and wound up with an eigth point buck that day.

Don't get discouraged, deer become accustom to many sounds and may still be in your area. Get out there, get em, and good luck!!!