Sleeping bag for warmth.

Stretcher Guy

I use a green camo blanket when the temps get really cold. I used it in Vermont last week and harvested a nice Buck. I feel anything that will keep you more warm and comfy being out there is an advantage. I got a few laughs from people about using it but hey it worked out for me. I am sure a sleeping bag would be great as well.

I have taken a sleeping bag with me over the years and used the military mummy bags but they have worn out and feathers come out of them . I purchased a polyaster filled bag a couple seasons ago and have used that while hunting . I used to be able to withstand the cold quite well but ever since I had a kidney stone surgically removed , the cold seems to get to me . It could be old age too !

I have taken several deer while having the bag over my shoulders and my son in law used to refer to it as my lucky sleeping bag .

I used in one in my treestand for a couple years but it was hard to move around and get it unzipped if a deer came by but it definitly kept me warmer. I bought a product called the Warmbag last year and have to say it was money well spent. My days of basically suffering sitting in the stand on really cold days are over.

Haven't used one in years but when I was younger my brother and I had sleeping bags just for deer season in the blind. Mom cut arm holes in them and sewed the holes. We were able to sit all day and stay warm. It was my dad's idea. Where we used to hunt it was almost an hour walk in so he wouldn't be happy if we got cold and wanted to go back to camp.