Never Lost A Drop

Lawdwaz

Dad and I shot a couple deer this past weekend and last night I had to skin, quarter and bone them out. Much to my surprise, dad left a little something onboard his while dressing................

IMG_3768.jpg

Tight area to work in and I don't have a lot of dexterity in my fingers but I got it all out, never lost a drop!

IMG_3771.jpg

At least the heart & lungs were left to the critters.................

I is amazing how many folks either don't know or donn't care about taking the bladder out. I have done what Meatmuzzy said or if the pelvis is big enough just grab it and trim it out like cutting the knot off a water balloon and keeping the water in it.

If anyone here doesn't know it is in the pocket int he pelvis and the intestines run out just above it. In Lawdwaz's pick the deer is hanging head down and you see both hind quarter hams on either side of it. the tail would be in the top center of the pic.

I is amazing how many folks either don't know or donn't care about taking the bladder out. I have done what Meatmuzzy said or if the pelvis is big enough just grab it and trim it out like cutting the knot off a water balloon and keeping the water in it.

If anyone here doesn't know it is in the pocket int he pelvis and the intestines run out just above it. In Lawdwaz's pick the deer is hanging head down and you see both hind quarter hams on either side of it. the tail would be in the top center of the pic.

I talked about taking it if i got a deer, didn't so glad about this post for next yr.

if the pelvis is big enough just grab it and trim it out like cutting the knot off a water balloon and keeping the water in it.

This is all I do anymore with no contamination... well, maybe a drop.

At that point any leftovers wont be of any concern while processing.

• Like 1

Along those same lines...A few years back while hunting pronghorns in Wyoming we took our animals to a local processor..They had a sign on the wall stating that all animals delivered there should be properly field dressed.

Beneath that sign was ANOTHER sign that said " Bunghole removal fee- $25 "...

IIRC last year I killed a doe whose bladder was so full it filled the entire pelvic area, I mean it was HUGE. I was lost on that one. I got it but lost some. There was just no way I could get my fingers around the area to pinch it off properly.

Hey Dan, when these guys (web masters) throw the xmas party I'll need to show you something. I have been thinking of becoming a urologist and I believe I've perfected the prostate check. I call it the "no hands" method. LOL, hehehe & a big fat <grin>

• Like 1

Larry..I'd like to see that...At a DISTANCE.. LOL...Take pictures.

Actually. In my younger days I had ambitions of becoming a gynecologist..

Then I realized that for every woman out there who looks like Halle Berry or Carrie Underwood, there are a DOZEN who look like Rosie O'Donnel or Janet Reno.

That visual ought to ruin your morning...hehehehe...

• Like 1