bullet brands?

hey guys what do you think is the best hunting bullets to use i shoot a savage model 110 in 30-06 and 150 grains i currentley shoot federal premium and thinking of swithching any advice will be helpfull and thank you in advance

I assume you plan to hunt deer.

Deer whitetail deer are not a big challenge to bullet construction. Any standard expanding bullet in 150 grain weight or heavier in the 30-06 will kill them just fine. You don't need an expensive bullet for deer.

A buddy of mine, who is a non-reloader ( poor soul) just this year experimented with several different factory loads for his .270. Of all the loads he tried, the most accurate was the cheapest Federal rounds that he could buy..They seemed to kill ok also, since while he hunting with me he killed 3 deer in 2 days. Let me say also, price was not a factor in his decision. He is a successful attorney and can afford whatever ammo he wants.

I'd try the cheap Federals and Rem Green coreloct first.Chances are one or both of them will group well. If not, there are dozens of other options in factory loads out there for the 30-06, probably more than for any other cartridge.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine, who is a non-reloader ( poor soul) just this year experimented with several different factory loads for his .270. Of all the loads he tried, the most accurate was the cheapest Federal rounds that he could buy.

Funny, those cheap Federals shoot as good as the expensive stuff in my .270 also. Used to shoot the Premium stuff, but have gone back to the cheap stuff since prices have gone way up. It will definitely kill deer also. Just don't want to be paying $40+ for 20 rounds of ammo.

If you don't live in NYC you can have ammo shipped to you offline,correct? If so,there are a few off brands that get great reviews by other hunters and target shooters. Shipping is not as bad as you think,especially when you buy 500rnds at a time for example. Here is one example,though they are sold out currently,they refill pretty quick.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP3006PSP165&name=Prvi+Partizan+PPU+30.06+PSP+165grn+20rd+box&groupid=27

I have always had good luck with the plain jane factory stuff, mostly Remington cor-lokt. I shoot the 150 grain out of my 30-06 and the 140 grain out of my 7mm-08. The Winchester Power points are pretty good too, but my guns like the Rem. stuff a little better.

I'd say shoot what flys the best out of your gun. whether it's the plain factory stuff, or the premium, but I would start with the plain stuff first. Just me.

• Like 1

start cheap. shoot a box to see how it shoots. change to something different if you don't like the accuracy enough. Only shooting longer range should you consider only high quality (expensive by design, with high ballistic coefficients) bullets. At common hunting ranges cheap stuff may shoot just as good as anything. Every gun could like something different.