sitting at the hospital

Red

my 2 year old daughter had to go to the hospital today for a minor surgey to have her adnoids out and possibly her tonsils. We had to be here at 6am and the surgery was scheduled for 830. They were running a little behind and started at 9 by 1015 she's in the recovery room now I'm just waiting for the ok to go in and see her. Its amazing I can get up early for hunting and sit in a cold stand with no problem get up early to come here and sit in a warm hospital and all I want to do is sleep lol

Edited by Red

Thank you grow. She's had a lot of trouble sleeping since she was born were hoping this helps. What a day we were suppose to be there for 5-7hrs. When my daughter came out of surgery and woke up she started to scream and freak out since me and my wife couldn't be in the room for another half hr finally when we got to be in the room her breathin was really bad and we were told we would have to stay over night this was at noon I went down to the cafeteria for dinner at 530 pm on my way back up I got a text from the wife saying that were getting to go home. I already called work and told them I wouldn't be in tomorrow. If she sleeps good tonite I'm not sure if I'm gonna go hunting or surprise the boss and show up to work tomorroif she doesn't sleep well ill be staying home to help out

The turn around has been amazing and well due to the pediatrician wanting to go with meds over surgery...Though he was an excellent Dr....our sons speech was difficult to understand...especially on the phone...everyone noticed the difference immediately...

Ya poor little thing...our son had discomfort also...the nose packing they use was very uncomfortable for him and even though he was older and knew better...getting him to do as the Dr. said was a challenge....what ever meds they gave her should help you all out until she goes back....Best of luck

Edited by growalot

Thank you everyone. Last night was rough she was up crying half of the night then sleept a few hrs sleeping in the recliner in my lap. She's up and playing her breathing is just really loud and raspy hopefully by next week she'll be back to herself.

Red...My daughter had both out last March when she was 3. She used to snore like a trucker and toss and turn all night along with being sick from Sept to at least March (she would get a cold or sinus infect and once she got over it she would get it again). She had the surgery and now I need to go in and check on her cause she is so damn silent..haha It took about a week for her to recover....the first 3 or 4 days were rough and then after that she was just fine....Now she has more enegery, speak much louder and clearer and sleeps a ton better. Hang in there and I hope for a quick recovery!

You'll be surprised how quickly she bounces back! I think it's harder on the parents to go through! Tough to see your little one go through anything like that! When my daughter was 5, she needed to have 1/2 of her left lung removed. Talk about being devastated! I felt like it was the end of the world... Now, at 13, she runs track, plays soccer, lacrosse, and runs like a damn gazelle!! LOL Hasn't slowed her down or effected her life at all... other than improved it.

Thank you very much everyone I'm glad to hear that the recvery is only a week or 2 because it really does suck watching your little one strugle to breathe. Just laid her down for the night but her breathing is starting to get a little worse there might be a possible trip to the er tonite if it gets any worse better its all worth It because she might get one or 2 good nights of sleep a week and I've only slept in my own bed ahand full of times this year. We call the couch my bed lol