Out of control neighbor

Larry_1207

What sucks is that Larry did everything right..shot deer on his prop, asked permission, offered to clean up, thanked him...and this is the mess. What about just calling local PD to ask their opinion prior to an official complaint/report. You need to get this documented though. I believe you, but everything is hearsay without proof.

Are you new to the property? Is he new? First year hunting the land? Just curious

Thats called hunter harassment and is illegal, just like what the neighbor did.

How is cutting trees on your own property hunter harassment? Please find me that one in the law books. You have the right to cut wood any time you want to. He on the other hand has no right to fire off shots like that especially if he fired them onto the neighbors property. criminal negligence at the least, which is much more than hunter harassment. Could have been another hunter there he was shooting in the direction of.

send him a regestered letter so he has to sign for it. Put in the actual history of you shooting the deer, your action to request permission to recover the dee, and the concern you have that he would not allow you to show him were you shot the deer to verify that it was on your place and not his. Also your concerns that you would like to settle this and not have any bad blood between you. Offer to move your stands another 100 yard away from the line. Ask him how you can resolve the issue with him. Offer him a piece of the doe.

But do not go on his place without his permission and just put a letter in his mail box.

I would also make a copy of the letter to him and send it to the local DEC agent for your area and ask for there help as well...

How is cutting trees on your own property hunter harassment? Please find me that one in the law books. You have the right to cut wood any time you want to. He on the other hand has no right to fire off shots like that especially if he fired them onto the neighbors property. criminal negligence at the least, which is much more than hunter harassment. Could have been another hunter there he was shooting in the direction of.

Really, so cutting trees at dawn on opening day, when you already have a dispute on record with the neighbor is fine in your book but shooting your gun twice on your own property isnt? Sometimes you are truly amazing.

Nobody, including myself said what the neighbor did was right, but if the OP were to sink to his level, he opens himself up to being charged with the same things, as well as becoming just as big of a dirtbag.

Sorry, but you have your head straight up you know where if you think that DEC cant hand you a ticket for harassment for that.

Funny how you argue about intent this and intent that on other subjects but then you turn around and talk out of the other side of your mouth on this one.

• Like 1

I did not say it was right to do so, I said it was not illegal. Show me in the law where it says cuting wood on your own land regardless of the time is hunter harassment? I guarantee you you will not find it. I also said that what the neighbor did was more than hunter harassment You have an opinion and you try to make it fact. In fact I dare you to call a local officer in your area and ask him if cutting trees on your own property opening day at dawn is hunter harassment. I am curious to hear your answer. In fact look up the law for hunter harassment and see what it says. There is no intent to harass anyone cutting wood. You are the one with the blinders on not me. I only have one side to my mouth. Your mind is already made up, so there is no sense confusing you with the facts. You are a very poor arm chair attorney. If I ever get anyone in my court arrested for hunter harassment for cutting wood, I will be sure to post it all. You at least seem to think you are well versed on the subject.

Grow please feel free to tell us about when the neighbors cut wood and you had them arrested for this charge. You seem to have a STORY for every situation that comes up on here.

And the things I argue about on here, I know from experience in my second job. Sometimes it is better tho sit back and listen to experience than to pretend you know it all. I have access and knowledge about these things you pretend to know. Now go to your homework assignment and report back. I challenge you to do so.

Edited by bubba

I'm glad you were able to get that sarcasm in Bubba....as long as made you feel good...no stories from me...which is why I told WNYBH I would sit back...but seeing you wanted me involved...God only knows why...gluttony I'll suppose....

Where was a case ...and guys I could use help on this... I read a case here in NYS were a guy was charged with hunter harassment for...mowing his trails every single time a guy went out to hunt...it went to court and he was ordered not to do it and if I remember correctly fined as well ....

I did not say it was right to do so, I said it was not illegal. Show me in the law where it says cuting wood on your own land regardless of the time is hunter harassment? I guarantee you you will not find it. I also said that what the neighbor did was more than hunter harassment You have an opinion and you try to make it fact. In fact I dare you to call a local officer in your area and ask him if cutting trees on your own property opening day at dawn is hunter harassment. I am curious to hear your answer. In fact look up the law for hunter harassment and see what it says. There is no intent to harass anyone cutting wood. You are the one with the blinders on not me. I only have one side to my mouth. Your mind is already made up, so there is no sense confusing you with the facts. You are a very poor arm chair attorney. If I ever get anyone in my court arrested for hunter harassment for cutting wood, I will be sure to post it all. You at least seem to think you are well versed on the subject.

Grow please feel free to tell us about when the neighbors cut wood and you had them arrested for this charge. You seem to have a STORY for every situation that comes up on here.

And the things I argue about on here, I know from experience in my second job. Sometimes it is better tho sit back and listen to experience than to pretend you know it all. I have access and knowledge about these things you pretend to know. Now go to your homework assignment and report back. I challenge you to do so.

Bubba you know damn well harassment is all about actions taken in context. Someone cranking their music on their land is not illegal. Someone doing so purposely to harass a hunter IS. Same thing.

nmental Conservation - Title 1 - § 11-0110

§ 11-0110. Interference with lawful taking of wildlife prohibited.

1. As used in this section “wildlife” means wild game and all other

animal life existing in a wild state, including fish, shellfish and

crustacea, and “process of taking”, in addition to any act described in

subdivision thirteen of section 11-0103 of this article, includes

travel, camping, and other acts preparatory to taking, which occur on

lands or waters upon which the affected person has the right or

privilege to take such wildlife.

2. A person is guilty of interfering with the lawful taking of

wildlife when, with intent to prevent the taking of wildlife, in season,

in a place where hunting, fishing or trapping is lawful, and by a person

properly licensed to take such wildlife, he:

(a) strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects the licensed person

to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same; or

follows the licensed person in or about such place and engages in

a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously

annoy such licensed person and which serve no legitimate purpose.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, no one

shall be arrested for violation of this section by other than a duly

designated peace officer acting pursuant to his special duties, or a

police officer.

Edited by jjb4900

Not my "story" Bubba it was a news article...but hey because being a justice of the peace in a town makes you all knowledgeable on case law....Do you need a definition of case law? ...I did get that correct didn't I?...a town justice...not a lawyer who became a JUDGE?

and please tell me your legal background?

also a town justice who had to taken many hours of training in case law and has to preside over cases. again your legal background is? I am the guy the attorney has ot try to convince his client is innocent or the attorney saying he is guilty. Kind of a good feeling.

Bubba you know damn well harassment is all about actions taken in context. Someone cranking their music on their land is not illegal. Someone doing so purposely to harass a hunter IS. Same thing.

only when you think a crime a committed harassing wildlife is silly though as I recall. Intent is intent. But as I said you are basing your opinions on what ? And you want all to think your opinion is fact. Did you make the call yet?

includes

travel, camping, and other acts preparatory to taking, which occur on

lands or waters upon which the affected person has the right or

privilege to take such wildlife.

or

follows the licensed person in or about such place and engages in

a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously

annoy such licensed person and which serve no legitimate purpose.

The way I read it, cut as much firewood as you want....LOL

Cutting firewood has a legitimate purpose and it would also be occurring on land that the neighbor 'doesn't have rights or privileges to take wildlife'.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

But trying to prove it is a whole other story.Trust me.I deal with it all the time.I don't even bother with making a call.Why?Cause it isn't worth it.I will have to prove that they are doing it to harass me.Good luck on that one.The law enforcement have many more "real" issues to deal with than a childish dispute.Now if they were walking through thee woods banging on pots and pans and screaming and crap.I would have a case.

Never said I had a formal law background ...but I have read several of your past posts....giving me pause to wonder about your "expertise" and after this quote....

I am the guy the attorney has ot try to convince his client is innocent or the attorney saying he is guilty. Kind of a good feeling.

I do wonder about a "God " complex and have a better understanding of some attitudes DA's and real judges hold concerning some justices

Edited by growalot

no god complex here at all. So you are another one who thinks their opinion is fact for all to believe. When your argument falls apart make personal attacks. Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let others think you don't know anything than to keep opening your mouth and proving it. Just a little friendly advice I am sure you will not take. Please tell me more about the da's and real judges. I am curious how you know this information also. You spew things about law and you profess to be fact with no real basis of information to base your opinion on other than your opinion. Then you run down those who do know because they disagree with you. I have seen it since I joined this site.

Inferring things I said to make a point is just sad on your part...Try rereading the post...I said it was a case that I had read about in the news..nothing more......My opinion of you is based on ...well these types of posts...... any personal attacks were initiated on your part

I have knowledge to what I said due to professionals that I know..... see I haven't lived in a cocoon...lol

The reason I said originally......... that I'd step back from this is.......any time someone challenges you ...it turns into these mind numbing dialogs..so take your last needed shot for...I won't subject others nor my self to any further intellectual assault on this subject.

Edited by growalot