whackos at it again......Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut

tughillhunter

Do the background checks for gun registrations have the ability to tap into mental health records, or is that priviledged info such that they simply have to take the word of the applicant for whether they have ever been treated for mental disorders?

I don't know.

The whole mental illness / psychotic drugs / guns is probably going to enter prime time now. I guess that is good since the goal is to solve a problem.

I did a satirical post on another forum. It does make some good points if you can keep an open mind about how I went to get those points across. I am used to some folks on that board who have difficulty with calm debate, so it is targeted to them to try and see some light from a different angle.

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403672

Do the background checks for gun registrations have the ability to tap into mental health records, or is that priviledged info such that they simply have to take the word of the applicant for whether they have ever been treated for mental disorders?

In this case of course it wouldn't have mattered since the kid was not the owner of the guns, but just as a general rule, I was curious about identifying a mentally impaired gun registration applicant.

Good question Doc, I don't know.

Bad people will do bad things. It's something bad, that unfortunately, we have to live with.

Unfortunately that's true, and it only leaves one alternative to becoming a victim, and that is to be equipped with the ability to protect yourself and others around you. That does not preclude the more basic improvements on the other cultural things that you mentioned.

Look at this BS media twist, they said that AR Bushmaster was retrieved at the scene....not true, they found an SKS (thumbhole stock) in the evening (shooting started at 9:30 AM btw). It does not matter, they will play bad AR gun needs to banned now.....

Here is the proof.....

Download and save it before its too late, I bet ya this video will disappear from youtube ver soon

Edited by bkln

This guy could have caused the same amount of mayhem just as easily with a gas can and a lighter... should we have background checks at the gas pump too? Or for buying kitchen knives? If someone wants to do this sort of thing, they'll find a way. Gun control is not the answer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

i type my posts without the security of having to use spell check laddy. and theres obviously no way you could CAMOUFLAGE your STUPIDTY. what a sorry fool you must be.

You know whats Ironic. I went back through all these post and all I hear over and over is how the Anti Gun Advocates come out of the wood work every time this happens but yet 90% of post are from Gun advocates. Hmmm . Yeah your right you cannot Camouflage Stupidity. Tell you what sits in trees. This lady just finished her 8th season of putting a tag on a P&Y buck so not only am I more intelligent than you but I am confident my trophy room is more impressive than yours. I hate to act so arrogant but for a blow hard like you its easy. Now I am sure I could sit around my computer and carry on like children with you into the night but I will now bow out gracefully and let you write some more wonderfully insightful {stuff}. With all the time you spend on this site why not change you name to "sits at computer". I will now carry on with my life while you try soo unsuccessfully to prove your self worth to this Forum day after day after day after day,etc

Edited by popit

on the form you fill out to purchase a gun, sory I forget the number of the form, there is a question that asks if you have ever been confined in a mental health facility or treated for a mental illness. Unfortunately there is no way to verify the information. So someone could lie and say no and pass through. This has happened in

such cases as the va tech shooter.

Look at this BS media twist, they said that AR Bushmaster was retrieved at the scene....not true, they found an SKS (thumbhole stock) in the evening (shooting started at 9:30 AM btw). It does not matter, they will play bad AR gun needs to banned now.....

Here is the proof.....

Download and save it before its too late, I bet ya this video will disappear from youtube ver soon

Not sure what it is, but it's not an AR. He cycled the action from the side NOT the rear like an AR.

• Like 1

on the form you fill out to purchase a gun, sory I forget the number of the form, there is a question that asks if you have ever been confined in a mental health facility or treated for a mental illness. Unfortunately there is no way to verify the information. So someone could lie and say no and pass through. This has happened in

such cases as the va tech shooter.

That will change with Obamacare. All your medical records will part of the governments health database.Wouldn't matter in this case, because these firearms didn't belong to the punk.

You know whats Ironic. I went back through all these post and all I hear over and over is how the Anti Gun Advocates come out of the wood work every time this happens but yet 90% of post are from Gun advocates. Hmmm . Yeah your right you cannot Camouflage Stupidity. Tell you what sits in trees. This lady just finished her 8th season of putting a tag on a P&Y buck so not only am I more intelligent than you but I am confident my trophy room is more impressive than yours. I hate to act so arrogant but for a blow hard like you its easy. Now I am sure I could sit around my computer and carry on like children with you into the night but I will now bow out gracefully and let you write some more wonderfully insightful {stuff}. With all the time you spend on this site why not change you name to "sits at computer". I will now carry on with my life while you try soo unsuccessfully to prove your self worth to this Forum day after day after day after day,etc

what on earth are you trying to get at? im arguing with a retard here? but i feel good, just blasted a big doe with me muzzleloader!!!

• Like 1

whats your deal dude? I got some diapers and stuff here if you need them. Hell my sil has extra formula. go back to the cradle ya dink.

what on earth are you trying to get at? im arguing with a retard here? but i feel good, just blasted a big doe with me muzzleloader!!!

Don't sweat it, sits in trees,(not that you would) It's typical of that ilk. No debate or honest conversation just condescending arrogance, intolerance and name calling. Spoiled child

In this case of course it wouldn't have mattered since the kid was not the owner of the guns, but just as a general rule, I was curious about identifying a mentally impaired gun registration applicant.

Yes.....thats a portion of the NICS check.

Any record of criminal activity, mental health (depending on status) is stored in the data base.AG is charged with keeping it up to date. the states are charged with supplying the current info. Like when a restraining order is isssued, that goes to NICS and stops a purchase. (i don't know the turn around time for data entry)

It changed after VA Tech (with support of the NRA and Brady Gun folks by the way).

Before Va Tech there were a few issues with what was considered confidential info or not, the revision, signed by Bush, tried to resolve some of those issues and the VA Tech shooter would not pass a NICS check like he did. They got caught up with definitions of inpatient and out patient but he had already been declared mentally ill and should have been flagged.

Here is the bill;

http://thomas.loc.go...40:@@@L&summ2=m

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:HR02640:

Click on text of legislation for a short summary.

And note #3;

Requires the Attorney General to: (1) ensure that all NICS information received from federal agencies is kept accurate and confidential; (2) provide for the removal and destruction of obsolete and erroneous names and information from the NICS; and (3) work with states to encourage the development of computer systems for notifying the Attorney General when a court order has been issued or removed or a person has been adjudicated as mentally defective or committed to a mental institution.

If you read the text there are a bunch of safe gaurds to appeal any issues.

Edited by Dinsdale

whats your deal dude? I got some diapers and stuff here if you need them. Hell my sil has extra formula. go back to the cradle ya dink.

Ohh I see when a couple waste of life {Doc & sits in Crap} accuse me and others on this site of wishing that children get murdered thats mature/responsible. I sling some crap back at them and now your feel the need to stick up for your friends. How admirable of you.

Edited by popit

Now hurry up and get that nect cancer stick in your mouth. And to think there is public perception out there that hunters are lower educated lower income racist cigarette smoking hillbillys. After spending some time on this site I cant imagine where they would get that idea.

You come onto a hunting forum and then proceed to alienate as many members as possible with that goofy remark. Nice job .... a real class-act. Much as I suspected, you are simply another anti-gun plant and apparently an anti hunter as well.

You come onto a hunting forum and then proceed to alienate as many members as possible with that goofy remark. Nice job .... a real class-act. Much as I suspected, you are simply another anti-gun plant and apparently an anti hunter as well.

Point well taken post has been edited