Fletcher

biggamefish

they also sell the one peice fletched that have a shrink tube with a sort of glue inside the tube that when you put it on the arrow and place in hot water it shrinks and bond to the arrow. they actually look neat. my dad has em... not sure how they work

I have the 6 arrow unit that I paid about 70 dollars for and a single arrow bitzberger unit for about 49 dollars.

The bohning unit goes for about 35 dollars and is a good one for the archer that will be doing there own arrows. They now also have a new brand for the short BH vanes that does 3 fletch at a time, just put the fletchs in and glue the vane ridge line with glue and then move all them up and put on a lock washer and let them dry. very simple and seems to work like a charm.

I picked up a Bohning a couple years back. I got sick of paying stupid prices to the archery shop to touch up odd arrows. I now do mine and my two brothers and it is easy and satisfying to be doing it yourself. If you do limited amounts the Bohning is the ticket. If you are doing high volumes the Bitz that is more expensive and metal is probably the better bet.

I bought a JoJan about 35 or 40 years ago, and still use it today. It does 6 arrows at a time and has saved me a ton of money over the years. Not only do I not have to head off to a pro-shop to get damaged vanes repaired, but I saved a pile of money by just buying arrow components and building my own. The JoJan is not cheap, but it lasts a lifetime so the price amortized over those many years is just about nothing.

Doc

During the off season, I plan on upgrading my fletcher to something better than the one I have now. It works good and all, but I bought it just to see if I would enjoy doing up my own arrows. Turns out I do, so now Ill be willing to drop more money on a better setup. Ill probably keep the Bohning jig though, its small and light, so Ill just throw it in my archery toolbox and have a portable jig with me all the time.