Ruger has thouroughly impressed me!!!

If anyone checks profiles on here, they would be aware that my .22 of choice was the Henry AR-7. Extremely lightweight and portable, but to me, it did have a few cons. The biggest of which was the sights. During the day the sights were fantastic, if you took the time to swap the rear sight blade around so that you have a smaller peep hole (its hard to hunt squirrels with the larger peep). During dawn or dusk, it was terrible, i couldn't see anything. I did some research and ended up trading the Henry for a Ruger 10/22. I bought it thursday night, and with work, I just got time this afternoon to shoot it for the first time. For a .22, very, very nice. Out of the box, I shot 2 clips at a circle I drew on a piece of paper the size of a quarter from exactly 25 yards. I chewed the circle right out of the paper!!! I'm not a superior marksman by any means, but for off-the-shelf performance!?!? Holy ****!! Just thought some might like the "hands-on review" I had to offer. If you're looking for an awesome .22, or your kid's first squirrel gun,, 10/22 all the way!!

Sounds like you got a winner. Ruger makes great stuff although I've never had much of it. All I've ever had I still have!

I bought a 10/22 International about 15 years ago and was given a Mark 1 .22 pistol about 5 years ago. The piston is never going to win any beauty contests but it is a shooter! Very accurate and never bobbles. The 10/22 is also very accurate with a Leupold 4x on board and reliable. I wouldn't mind scoring a model 77 rifle in left hand at some point.

I love my 10/22s. I started with a basic Ruger 10/22 and started modifying it with Kidd products. I got bit by the 10/22 bug and now have a full Kidd 10/22 and my original Ruger from all the left over parts ;) DO NOT GO TO

RIMFIRECENTRAL.COM.j/k They are great over there a lot of info and a lot of really nice guns.

I bought my 10-22 in the late 1960s...I have 3 mags for it..Two of them have never malfunctioned. The third jams sometimes, so it never gets used. I have had a number of scopes on it, but presently it is sporting a fiber optic front bead and a rear peep..Great little rifle. When I first started dating my fiance' ( The Mermaid) she told me she had a .22. It turned out to be a near mint 10-22, so now we have two of them in the house.

I have had 3 M77s, a 7x57, a 25-06 and a .338 Win mag. I never could get a decent group out of the 7 x 57, but the other two were both tack drivers. The .338 was a great shooter, but it kicked the snot out of me. I eventually replaced it with a 9.3 x 62 as my medium bore , heavy game/toothy critter rifle. Kicks less and performs as well on game, albeit at somewhat closer range.

No. Any greater than 7 but less than 11 round mags owned before the SAFE Act are grandfathered as keepers. However, you may only put 7 bullets in the mag. most of the time if not at any time. I saw a section in the law that seemed to allow 10 rounds at a shooting range but have heard no one else mention this. Perhaps my reading skills are lacking. I should also add a disclaimer that I'm not any attorney nor do I intend to give the any indication that I can speak Leagalease. If my interpretation is correct, this could get folks into trouble if they forget to double check the number of rounds in any unfired mags on their way home.

7-f. Possession and use of a magazine, belt, feed strip or similar

9 device, that contains more than seven rounds of ammunition, but that

10 does not have a capacity of or can readily be restored or converted to

11 accept more than ten rounds of ammunition, at an indoor or outdoor

12 firing range located in or on premises owned or occupied by a duly

13 incorporated organization organized for conservation purposes or to

14 foster proficiency in arms; at an indoor or outdoor firing range for the

15 purpose of firing a rifle or shotgun; at a collegiate, olympic or target

16 shooting competition under the auspices of or approved by the national

17 rifle association; or at an organized match sanctioned by the Interna-

18 tional Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association.