And the ammo ban begins at walmart... friday deadline

they can do whatever they want. You can't force a store to sell something. I have read that this is a strategy that obama will use that doesn't require congressional approval - pressuring vendors into various actions like not selling a certain type of ammo for instance

I wonder if other stores like dicks sporting goods and cabelas are gonna follow suite...the last time i was up at crossgates you couldnt find a 223 or 308 round at dicks. the guy guy said they didnt know what ammo they wer goin to get in because of the bans coming our way

they can do whatever they want. You can't force a store to sell something. I have read that this is a strategy that obama will use that doesn't require congressional approval - pressuring vendors into various actions like not selling a certain type of ammo for instance

not just Obama. Look at what Schumor put out

http://www.lohud.com/viewart/20130113/NEWS/301130095/Schumer-urges-retailers-suspend-assault-weapon-sales?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

and then today from our lovely state

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2013/01/gun-control-deal-close-could-come-as-soon-as-today-source

It is sad it has come to this. Hate the fact that certain guns could be banned for the people that currently own them. I don't have an issue with expaned background checks though for private sales and ammo though. I would not want to sell a firearm to some guy and have him commit a crime with it. If a background check is done and he commits a crime, oh well my ass will be covered. And if I have to fill one out for ammo I get to browse around the sporting goods store a little more. No online sales really stink for the guys who shoot a lot and buy in bulk.

Schumer is a moron, and the gun bill they present (if any) will still have to pass the normal process. If it does so, you can bet the NRA and others will be out in full force fighting it in court. Just keep calling and emailing your reps, its far from a done deal.

Most stores are out of some ammo because people buy it up as soon as it comes in, and its getting tough for them to even get it in stock. Walmart can sell or not sell whatever they want, it doesnt mean its been banned.

• Like 1

just to clarify. That is what they told me. they said they wer not going to sell the ammo because of the proposed bans. so thats the way i took it . i think alot of stores are jumpin the gun so to speak to get the stuff off the shelfs. which is sad to say the least.... and then when you do find the ammo its through the roof in price

Edited by hung4wheeler

beikirchs,has a fair stock of .380,9 mm,40 and .45 ammo.Although I have a large supply at home at all times I picked up a few hundred more rounds. 9mm 15.95 for 50 is the marked price. I did not ask about mil. cal. though, did get more 00 buck though .

simple supply and demand on prices, which is why I buy bulk and keep a large supply,i;m shooting ammo that i got for way less years ago. I still got Black Talons lol...

Keep up the good fight.

Frankly, I don't buy ammunition from Walmart. In fact if they shut down their whole sporting goods area, it probably would be months before I ever found out. Their stock has always been so sparce and irrelevant that I really don't go there to buy anything outdoor related anymore, especially anything that has to do with guns or archery.

The fact is that I load my own ammo, and Walmart has never stocked re-loading equipment or components. So, if they have decided to make some political judgement to not sell any particular kind of ammo or whatever, I'm afraid I am not in a position to exercise any kind of boycott, or make any kind of protest ..... lol. Their views on gun issues is totally irrelevant to me.

LETS ALL RELOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SH-H-H-h. There is nothing keeping them from opening up a new front involving ammunition components. Right now that is a ways down their list of priorities, but I will guarantee that reloaders will have their turn at having their rights trampled.

Let me whisper a tip to you right now: Buy components. Buy as much as you can possibly afford. Powder, brass, bullets, primers, etc., etc. Put away a lifetime supply if you can. The price will never be cheaper, and the legal ability to buy is so far available. Pass it on!

• Like 1

Ya Mr B was looking through that...was mistaken...he was just checking ammo on a bunch of sites...just to see if I was right in the fact it was near impossible to find a lot of different ammo....Makes no difference any whys we have no need for ammo.......we are on the friends and family plan....lots of friends and family live in different states.....