Seven year old with loaded gun in Queens today.

Sogaard

It's attitudes like yours that hurt legal gun owners most. Don't lump the actions of illegal gun owners and those of us.

Years ago a guy in a pickup truck broadsided a limo and killed the little girl riding inside. I don't remember anyone in the press associating that creeps actions with others who own pickups.

So I don't see why you are doing the same.

I would like to see the follow up to this story, which we never will. Was the brother arrested? Will Bloomberg lock him up for a year? The story should focus on the breakdown of the family and the mothers inability to properly raise her children.

The illegal gun only proves what legal owners already know, that no amount of laws will prevent the actions of criminals.

Edited by wooffer
  • Like 5

What are you talking about? When did I lump everyone who owns a gun (myself included) into this category? Its irresponsible or illegal owners like the ones involved with this story who give everyone a bad reputation.

But it still gives gun owners bad press. Anti's see this and they don't think about the responsible legal owners, they think about guns in their schools.

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

I agree that everytime one of these crazy things happen, it blackens the eye of the entire gun-owning community. Of course the problem lies with those shallow thinkers who seem to want to link misuse with all those that are responsible gun owners. It's just the unfortunate position we find ourselves in. There is no way that we are ever going to change human nature, and people are going to make these kinds of un-intelligent linkages. But, incorrect thinking does not make them right.That is why we have to continually remind people that the vast majority of legal gun owners do not create these unfortunate situations and should not be legislated against for the acts of a very miniscule number of people.

I agree. The media will play the hell out of every incident like this. Who ever the kid got the gun from more than likely possessed it illegally, given it was NYC. The media wont focus on the illegally possessed gun, or the bad parenting, it will all be about "Child brings gun to school" Its always the evil gun.

Whoe...Here you are blaming the mother...where the hell was a father...but that Really isn't the point...Did I miss the age of the brother?...how old was he and what was his motive behind putting the gun in the back pack ....at this of all times?

You can call me paranoid...but I would like to see a very close eye put on these people and their spending habits for the next several months

This story can't be true... handguns are outlawed in NYC, plus there is a law that 7 year olds can't possess a firearm, and it's also against the law to bring a gun into the school as well as concealing it in a backpack... we all know that with these laws in place there is no way that any of this could have occured. unless I've been led to believe something that isn't true. Maybe there should be a bill passed that makes it illegal to ignore a law.

These laws are so affective that it takes until your seventh birthday before being smart enough to obtain an outlawed firearm in a city with the strictest gun laws in the country. Without gun laws in NY can you imagine the 6 year olds that would be walking the streets with guns?

Well it says that maybe his older brother put it in his backpack... that would make everything better.

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

I agree that everytime one of these crazy things happen, it blackens the eye of the entire gun-owning community. Of course the problem lies with those shallow thinkers who seem to want to link misuse with all those that are responsible gun owners. It's just the unfortunate position we find ourselves in. There is no way that we are ever going to change human nature, and people are going to make these kinds of un-intelligent linkages. But, incorrect thinking does not make them right.That is why we have to continually remind people that the vast majority of legal gun owners do not create these unfortunate situations and should not be legislated against for the acts of a very miniscule number of people.

I agree with you 100%, Doc.

It's attitudes like yours that hurt legal gun owners most. Don't lump the actions of illegal gun owners and those of us.

Years ago a guy in a pickup truck broadsided a limo and killed the little girl riding inside. I don't remember anyone in the press associating that creeps actions with others who own pickups.

So I don't see why you are doing the same.

I would like to see the follow up to this story, which we never will. Was the brother arrested? Will Bloomberg lock him up for a year? The story should focus on the breakdown of the family and the mothers inability to properly raise her children.

The illegal gun only proves what legal owners already know, that no amount of laws will prevent the actions of criminals.

No but the guy was drunk and they associated him with all the other drunk losers that kill innocent people.

I really hope that the parents or brother or whomever this person was is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. First of all the weapon was illegal, and second of all HOW THE HELL DOES A CHILD GET ACCESS TO A PISTOL???? As far as I am concerned, this is the type of person that should never be allowed a gun of any kind again.

Here you go . . .

"Orozco said the gun may belong to his 21-year-old son who is "in a gang."

"Both of the boy’s brothers, who are in their 20s, are known to the police, and one had been a shooting victim, sources said."

I bet Cuomo thinks his new laws would have caught this one even if the boy didn't bring it to school. . . Yeah right!

• Like 2

Still makes no sense...it starts out she(mom) confessed to carrying the guns in the back pack...to ending they may have belonged to the adult sons that are in gangs and or gun shot victims??

Only consistent thing is...they were illegal in the first place...just like the 7 baggies of pot.

Dear old dad looks like a winner too...why was the Howard Stern wanabe(his looks) holding up a water pistol for?

Whoe...Here you are blaming the mother...where the hell was a father...but that Really isn't the point...Did I miss the age of the brother?...how old was he and what was his motive behind putting the gun in the back pack ....at this of all times?

You can call me paranoid...but I would like to see a very close eye put on these people and their spending habits for the next several months

I said "bad parenting" not bad parenting by the mother or by the father. Just bad parenting. Ya kinda jumped the gun there.

not sure how this happened since they passed this new law. Doesn't seem possible.

I wonder if that was a "Saturday Night Special"? Remember that term? That was used back during another occasion when the politicians were saving us all from guns years ago. That worked well too, didn't it? Well today the hot buzzword is "assault rifles", and that is equally as vague as the Saturday Night Special and accurately describes nothing. It makes you wonder what kind of cute phrases they will come up with when they start after our other hunting rifles...... and given their quick success this time, you just know they will be coming for our hunting rifles very soon.

Ants ....lets just agree that the above quote wasn't yours and I didn't "jump" any thing.... ;)

Sorry. your comment was right under mine. I thought you were responding to me. Can we agree that neither of the two should be getting the parent of the year award?

• Like 1