what do you do with a coyote

apoallo

I know the saying the only good coyote is a dead one. However once you kill it what do you do with the remains... Do you eat it, skin and tan the fur..... I havnt went for yote before but very interested in doing so. I just dont like to kill something without using it for some purpose.

Skin n tan would be a good way to go. If you shoot/trap enough selling would be an even better way to go!

The two I killed in NYS I had a friend skin and have tanned for me. They came out great and now proudly hang in my family room.

I only killed one other and that was years ago in Colorado on a bow hunt. We lost the hide on that one in the heat. Bummer..........

I know the saying the only good coyote is a dead one. However once you kill it what do you do with the remains... Do you eat it, skin and tan the fur..... I havnt went for yote before but very interested in doing so. I just dont like to kill something without using it for some purpose.

Only one I ever killedpost-871-13592607984816_thumb.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The first thing to do is grab and hold onto that sucker bare handed via the back legs and tail. Do it the first time so you'll learn never to do it again. Ugh, the stink.

I can't say I have heard of people eating them. I'd skin and have it tanned, personally. I trap some canine, but I'd don't really care for targeting the yotes. Too much work and stink with them vs. grey and reds.

There are some furriers around that will purchase the whole fresh coyote from you unskinned or skinned. The Fur Shed in Weedsport will give $25 for a good skinned pelt or about $10 for unskinned whole coyote.

The Fur Shed

hours:Monday-Sunday 9am-7pm

2744 Trombley Road

Weedsport, New York 13166

Home # 315-834-7416

Business # 315-834-9474

found this when googleing coyote/eating/cooking and located this web site that has some recipes that I would try using coyote meat.Take a look at ForMost coyote hunting.com.The next yote that I kill will be eaten enjoy.

found this when googleing coyote/eating/cooking and located this web site that has some recipes that I would try using coyote meat.Take a look at ForMost coyote hunting.com.The next yote that I kill will be eaten enjoy.

I would sooner eat the south end of a northbound skunk than a stinkin' coyote...

Bon Apetit... Let us know how it tastes.

I have skinned 3 and had the pelts tanned..Nice cased pelts to hang on the wall... They are a major PITA to skin, though...Much more hassle than a coon or a fox.. I also had two skulls cleaned for euro type mounts..Pretty cool..

The other ones I shot were either mangy ( one) or were shot in Ontario , Canada, in spring gobbler season... Due to issues of less than prime fur plus import issues, they just were left to go back to nature..The landowners who allow me to hunt thier properties in Canada HATE them, and ask that any that are seen be shot.