Decorated Vet Arrested Faces Felony Charges For AR Magazines

Thanks Culver.....That story reads a tad different than the first one IMO...Either way I thought unless you are a ECO or have solid probable cause..... a vehicle search is illegal in NY... At the very least saying no would force them to state a reason.... Which may be rebutted in court later..due to on board cameras

Thanks Culver.....That story reads a tad different than the first one IMO...Either way I thought unless you are a ECO or have solid probable cause..... a vehicle search is illegal in NY... At the very least saying no would force them to state a reason.... Which may be rebutted in court later..due to on board cameras

he may have even voluntarily offered up that he had them......and it looks like if he had 30 round magazines, he could have been charged under the old law.

Edited by jjb4900

Who says he was charged under the new law? The only high cap mags legal before this new law were ones made prior to '94 .I don't own high cap long guns but i know my pre'94 high cap mags for my handguns were good to go. But any made after that were not.

Am I wrong ?

Who says he was charged under the new law? The only high cap mags legal before this new law were ones made prior to '94 .I don't own high cap long guns but i know my pre'94 high cap mags for my handguns were good to go. But any made after that were not.

Am I wrong ?

no, you're not wrong

So Stupid!!!! guy lives 10 min from my place... ya know its my personal opinion that these are groundless charges since all he has to do is say he will get rid of the mags and they have to let him go... (in fact i could call him and offer to take em off his hands, NOT....... LOL)

So Stupid!!!! guy lives 10 min from my place... ya know its my personal opinion that these are groundless charges since all he has to do is say he will get rid of the mags and they have to let him go... (in fact i could call him and offer to take em off his hands, NOT....... LOL)

the law he is charged under is the old one that's been in effect for a number of years, not the new one, so it's not just a matter of saying he'll get rid of them.

These mags were allegedly found during a random vehicle check. Of course, the legality of random vehicle checks should definitely be questioned.

There has to be more to it than that. He either had to give them permission to search his car or they had to find probable cause to

search it. But if he thought the mags were legal he may have just told the officers about them and handed them over. Why they would then arrest him on such a B.S. charge is open for debate.

How did a "routine" traffic stop turn into a search of his vehicle? Where's the probable cause? We can speculate one way or the other.

may have been something as simple as them asking him if he had any guns in the car and he was honest, possibly because he was unaware of the law.....but yes, at this point we can only speculate.

we all know that anyone who has ever served in the military is of outstanding character and there has never been a crime committed by an active or retired member from any of the armed forces, so the cops must have done something shady to have made this arrest........better yet, do an internet search of crimes commiitted by military personnel, your head will spin and cops will look like saints when you're done.

Edited by jjb4900

we all know that anyone who has ever served in the military is of outstanding character and there has never been a crime committed by an active or retired member from any of the armed forces, so the cops must have done something shady to have made this arrest........better yet, do an internet search of crimes commiitted by military personnel, your head will spin and cops will look like saints when you're done.

What are you talking about??

did I mention you? I notice people are quick to jump on police officers and question their character and blame them all for the actions of a few, but when a member of the military is under attack everyone jumps to their defense as if they do no wrong........I have nothing but respect for members of the military, but judge them as individuals, not as a group.........just about every post suggest's that the police did something wrong and not the fact that this guy had multiple illegal magazines.

Edited by jjb4900