Track ID Please

Elmo

Sorry, I don't have any other information on this. It actually isn't my picture. Someone posted this up on facebook and said it was rabbit tracks. I am pretty confident those are not rabbit tracks. Not raccoon either. I know what they are not but I can't figure out what they are.

Sorry, I don't have any other information on this. It actually isn't my picture. Someone posted this up on facebook and said it was rabbit tracks. I am pretty confident those are not rabbit tracks. Not raccoon either. I know what they are not but I can't figure out what they are.

that is one HELL of a rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!! i would say yote or something close to that... its obvious they arent cat tracks

Definitely not canine or feline... Definitely not skunk or rabbit or possum ..... Not knowing the SIZE of the prints makes it tougher....Squirrel...maybe, but I don't think so....Doesn't look like any coon track I've ever seen.. Could be fisher... Mink tracks and fisher tracks are similar, except fisher is a lot bigger...Wish we had a size comparison.

I have seen many Reds in Westchester & Putnam. Never a gray.

That doesn't mean they aren't present...Greys tend to hang in thick, brushy cover and don't frequent open areas nearly as much as reds, so you don't see them as often as reds. They are also more nocturnal and are seldom seen out and about in daylight.

Years ago I used to hunt foxes at night. One night my partner and I called in 18 grey foxes .

All that said, it is definitely not a grey fox track, nor any other type of canine.

Edited by Pygmy