Buying Ammo will put you on a list???

I mean no offense brother but if I were a burglar and I knew you owned a few nice semi-autos and a couple rare pistols or what not and your neighbor only had a 100 dollar shotgun I know what house I would be hitting when your both at work.

Just like that list they put on the net of pistol owners, not to long after that they started having problems with people on that list getting robbed.

Just my thoughts on why I personally don't like the world knowing what I own.

I was on the list and could care less. I think people are getting paranoid, nobody is going to go to every house in America to collect our guns.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I was on the list and could care less. I think people are getting paranoid, nobody is going to go to every house in America to collect our guns.

i really hope your right and try to take the same relaxed approach to this whole thing. but then someone sent me actual video of Katina Louisiana when the police started knocking on doors asking people to hand over their guns. i will post some links for everyones veiwing pleasure...

Katrina was a crazy disaster. The people who actually evacuated with their firearms when they were advised to leave, kept their guns.

Anyway, because of all the publicity the "Katrina Gun Confiscation" got, it will never happen like that again in the U.S. If it did, it would be up to the gun owners to stand up for themselves, unlike the people of new orleans who handed theirs over.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

With Benito Cuomos new law you will be required to do a criminal background check when you purchase ammo. Heres the tricky part. You go out and purchase say 12ga slugs for hunting and they do the background check now its in a NY state police database that you own a 12ga shotgun. You buy .308 ammo you are now known to be the proud owner of a .308 caliber weapon.

So even if you do not have any guns that fall under the "need to register" catagory part of this law such as ARs or AKs, any gun your buying ammo for will now in fact be registered when you purchase ammo making it all that much easier for the state police to come to your home with a list of what they expect to confiscate....Ole Freuhrer Cuomo is quite the shrewdie aint he...and so much for you hunter types who kicked back and said, ahhh the new law wont affect me, i aint got none O them AKs or ARs anyways...im safe..

You are absolutely correct. This ammo back-ground check is simply another way at getting de-facto registration. It serves no purpose other than identifying who owns what when it comes to guns. That seems to be kind of an emphasis these days in the minds of the gun-confiscators. Nothing like having a database locating gun owners and identifying what kinds of guns you might be looking for when you are obsessed with confiscation.

First they blame the guns for commiting the crimes. Now they want to blame the bullets. And all the time, the only ones affected are those people that obey the law.

Katrina was a crazy disaster. The people who actually evacuated with their firearms when they were advised to leave, kept their guns.

Anyway, because of all the publicity the "Katrina Gun Confiscation" got, it will never happen like that again in the U.S. If it did, it would be up to the gun owners to stand up for themselves, unlike the people of new orleans who handed theirs over.

Lol .... I don't think I have ever heard anyone trying so hard to stick their head in the sand.

"It can never happen".......

"Yeah but it did happen in Louisiana" .......

"Well, it won't happen again .... Trust me!"

Just face the facts that it did happen, and there are significant numbers of people in pretty powerful positions who would love to see it happen everywhere. I think there is reason for concern. Anytime the government forces there way into the personal business of it's citizens, there is reason for concern. And when the government supplies that personal info for publication, I think somebody better recognize that they have gone way to far. Those that welcome such intrusions deserve whatever consequences come out of that.

if i could i'd buy 1000 rounds of 223 Rem and then they'd "know" i have an AR-15. when they show up i'd show them my bolt action savage varminter in 223 Rem and then i'd show them the door. too bad i can't get a hold of the round i shoot. i've got 130 or so right now but come time the woodchucks come out that'll not last too long.

Lol .... I don't think I have ever heard anyone trying so hard to stick their head in the sand.

"It can never happen".......

"Yeah but it did happen in Louisiana" .......

"Well, it won't happen again .... Trust me!"

Just face the facts that it did happen, and there are significant numbers of people in pretty powerful positions who would love to see it happen everywhere. I think there is reason for concern. Anytime the government forces there way into the personal business of it's citizens, there is reason for concern. And when the government supplies that personal info for publication, I think somebody better recognize that they have gone way to far. Those that welcome such intrusions deserve whatever consequences come out of that.

This will probably make a lot of people mad, but I honestly could care less about the restrictions on "assult rifles", etc. I love to hunt, but besides sighting in each year before the season, I never shoot. As long as I can hunt, I'm happy. I honestly dont think hunting will banned in NY in my lifetime, so I don't care.

I would never live in California because you cant be in possession of any parts of a dead mountain lion. So if something like that happened in NY or I couldn't hunt in NY, I would move elsewhere or hunt elsewhere. I honestly 100% believe that in my lifetime hunting will not get banned in all 50 states or anything crazy like that.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

This will probably make a lot of people mad, but I honestly could care less about the restrictions on "assult rifles", etc. I love to hunt, but besides sighting in each year before the season, I never shoot. As long as I can hunt, I'm happy. I honestly dont think hunting will banned in NY in my lifetime, so I don't care.

I would never live in California because you cant be in possession of any parts of a dead mountain lion. So if something like that happened in NY or I couldn't hunt in NY, I would move elsewhere or hunt elsewhere. I honestly 100% believe that in my lifetime hunting will not get banned in all 50 states or anything crazy like that.

Do you bow hunt only?? I think most people on this site are concerned with the 2nd amendment, not hunting. The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Most antis equate the 2nd amendment with hunting.

Edited by ants

I could at least forgive a liberal who BELIEVES in what they are doing even if it is wrong. But so long as you get yours screw the rest of the state, that's a great attitude to have. What about those that cant move or required to stay her due to family obligations or something else?

Gun and Xbow only. Like I said, hunting will not be banned in my lifetime and neither will hunting with a gun. So I'm good. if they ever banned gun deer hunting in NY, I guess I'd have to move or hunt elsewhere.

Maybe when Osama or Como decides to ban "Call of Duty" because its to violent you give a S*^%.

Freaking incredible.

Biz r o - I think you are missing what the left is trying to do here. First they ban "assault weapons" and place restrictions on magazine capacities. When this has no impact on gun violence (which they know it won't) they will decide that all semi autos are the problem. Then it will be shotguns, them all hand guns etc. These people are taking a long term approach here but they will slowly chip away and restrict freedoms until all firearms are eventually banned. That is their ultimate goal and they don't care if it takes another 100 years. You are right in that it probably won't happen fully in your lifetime but that attitude seems a bit selfish. You don't care if your kids or grand kids get to enjoy the same freedoms that you enjoy today?

This is the problem with the hunting [fraternity] no united front . Most sportsman only care about themselves ! They say it doesnt affect me why should I care .I will still be able to do my thing when this couldnt be farther from the truth.These laws will affect all of us sooner or later and I for one see the writing on the wall . The words UNITED WE STAND never meant more than they do today when voting time comes never forget who it was that sold us down the river .

Edited by hunterman7956
  • Like 4

This is the problem with the hunting [fraternity] no united front . Most sportsman only care about themselves ! They say it doesnt affect me why should I care .I will still be able to do my thing when this couldnt be farther from the truth.These laws will affect all of us sooner or later and I for one see the writing on the wall . The words UNITED WE STAND never meant more than they do today when voting time comes never forget who it was that sold us down the river .

Well said.

If its using an Xbow, youth hunting, baiting, running deer with dogs etc. etc. I may not agree with it and i wont try and undercut it and I'm not going to throw it under the bus so long as its legal.

Gun and Xbow only. Like I said, hunting will not be banned in my lifetime and neither will hunting with a gun. So I'm good. if they ever banned gun deer hunting in NY, I guess I'd have to move or hunt elsewhere.

Wow! Do you have any idea of how incredibly selfish all that sounds? My gosh ..... people never cease to amaze me.

Hunting is a bigger industry $-wise than baseball, football, etc. Hunting isn't going anywhere.

Again ...this isn't about HUNTING. As long as you have your ME..ME..ME.. attitude you wont understand. I hope YOUR bolt action rifle or YOUR shotgun are never classified as a type of assault or military weapon and made illegal. If that happens YOU will have to hunt with a bow only but I assume that wouldn't bother YOU.

No kids Biz? I am so very glad the country was not filled with one sided "all about me" thinkers in 1775

• Like 2

Again ...this isn't about HUNTING. As long as you have your ME..ME..ME.. attitude you wont understand. I hope YOUR bolt action rifle or YOUR shotgun are never classified as a type of assault or military weapon and made illegal. If that happens YOU will have to hunt with a bow only but I assume that wouldn't bother YOU.

Ants,

It is about the second ammendment, not hunting, and I agree that is a very big issue on principle. But registering bushmaster rifles and getting the minimum wager at wallmart to call in every ammo purchase isnt the only thing going on.

There is a thread on here about crossbows with 5,100 views. Crossbows and bushmasters get a disportionate amount of attention considering the number of actual hunters they effect, especially directly. From a qualitative perspective those issues do not contribute to the overall enhancement of hunting, and if you disagree, I would be interested in your opinions.

Backtracking: Why do certain special interest issues get undue attention? Although the "leadership", that is the NYSCC, CFAB, and the FWMB, blamed it on special interest legislation during the DEC budget hearing, I think along with sportsmens' media and marketing, it is in fact that leadership itself which drives special interest legislation. The unity of sportsmen has been a double-edged sword which has given us a strong voice, but the leadership has dictated what that voice says and that voice does not always represent the majority of sportsmen or the consensus' of wildlife biologists.

Edited by mike rossi