Pa Permit...

I have not renewed my Pa. permit in a few years..I used to keep it current because I was fishing in areas with lots of rattlesnakes..

Seems like it was $25 for 5 years or something like that.. All I had to do was appear at the Sherrif's office in Tioga County and show my NY permit..They then issued me my PA permit for CC..

yes... mine was $110 --I know it came with the spring and fall turkey tags, in addition to the deer tag but I did have to pay extra for the waterfowl privileges, I think the waterfowl was 6.50 but I don't remember specifically. (It did not include a bear tag)

I think the OP is asking about a pistol permit?

• Like 1

I have not renewed my Pa. permit in a few years..I used to keep it current because I was fishing in areas with lots of rattlesnakes..

Seems like it was $25 for 5 years or something like that.. All I had to do was appear at the Sherrif's office in Tioga County and show my NY permit..They then issued me my PA permit for CC..

I got my NYS PP in 1983. I believe I got my first PA PP in about 1985. We would go to the county seat of Tioga County, Wellsboro and IIRC it was free and good for 5 years? I probably had it for 15 years or so before I gave up on it and figured I'd lived in one of the toughest places in NYS (Erie County) and that any PA judge was a good enough guy and he'd set my bail low and let me serve my time on weekends. <grin>

I have my pistol permit from PA. I went about 1.5 years ago to Centre County PA to Sheriff Denny Nau's office. Showed them my NYS Pistol Permit, filled out paper work, paid 20 or 25 dollars, had photo taken and was outta there in less than 20 minutes with a PA concealed carry permit/photo ID. I will have to renew it in 5 years(via mail) for 25 dollars unless something changes between now and then.

I always thought you had to show full time residency for a pistol permit...am I wrong?

For some states you do have to show residency, apparently not in PA provided you have a NY pistol permit already. Do just what I said where I said and you are all set.

The benefit is that having a PA and NY pistol permit open you up to having reciprocity with quite a few states. Somewhere between 20 and 30 if I recall correctly.

Edited by 88GW

It is illegal in NY, but I am not sure about PA. Unlike NY, the State of Pa takes the individual's right to bear arms very seriously.

Check out the regulation booklet or the Game Commission website,or ask the question to the Sherrif's Dept. when you call about getting your pistol permit.

Then report back to us..That is your assignment for the weekend...<<grin>>...

It is illegal in NY, but I am not sure about PA. Unlike NY, the State of Pa takes the individual's right to bear arms very seriously.

Check out the regulation booklet or the Game Commission website,or ask the question to the Sherrif's Dept. when you call about getting your pistol permit.

Then report back to us..That is your assignment for the weekend...<<grin>>...

Haha thanks. I'll get it done by October, not this weekend.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

A person holding a Sportsmans firearm permit may NOT carry a concealed handgun or loaded handgun in a vehicle and may NOT carry a handgun while bowhunting or spot lighting.

A LTCF permit only entitles bowhunters or spotlighters, for instance,to carry firearms that fall within this classification.

http://www.statehunt...ishregs.com/PA/

EDIT: page 16

Edited by Single_shot

I have a Centre County PA permit. All I did was fill out the one page application, mail it to them with a check for $25 a copy of my NYS permit and (maybe) a copy of my NY drivers license. Didn't even have to enclose a photo (other than the ones on my license and permit). Mailed in on a Tuesday and that Saturday my PA permit was in the mailbox.

Centre County no longer accepts applications by mail. They all must be done in person to take an electronic photo. They must be storing them on a computer now.

I got mine a couple years ago so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it had changed. Do you know about renewals?