Henry Rifle

A friend of mine had always wanted a Henry Arms Golden Boy in .45 cal. So 2 years ago his kids bought him one for his birthday and he couldn't have been prouder of owning it. After admiring it for a while he stuck it in the gun cabinet to wait for warmed weather to do some shooting...Well as time would have it, he got very busy and didn't get a chance until this past summer. That's when I got the pannicked call that he couldn't get a round in the chamber. I went over and looked it over and decided he needed to send it back to Henry to see what is wrong with it since the round would only go 3/4 of the way into the chamber. I figured they didn't cut the chamber to it's full depth. At any rate he fought with them most of the summer trying to get an RMA number so he could ship the gun back and never recieved one...So he took it to the local store where it was purchased and they sent it back for him. Henry states that there was a blown cartridge in the chamber, how the hell could that be since the gun has never been fired?!?!?!?!?...I think they proof fired it and it was their cartridge that blew in there...The owner of the store got it fixed for my friend for free but I think I'll stay away from Henry Arms!

My experience with Henry has been great. My grandson has one of their lever .22's; It is a real shooter! It developed a problem where the follower in the magazine tube broke and would literally jump out of the tube after the last round was fired. I called Henry...explained the problem...and they overnighted a new magazine to me, without ever seeing the damaged one. I call that good service.

Im surprised your friend had that problem. You would think that who ever test fired the gun would have noticed that the spent shell didn't eject. Maybe one of his kids took it out for a little range time before giving it to him and didn't notice the shell stuck in the chamber. But I guess anything is possible. I have heard nothing but good about Henry.

I have never dealt with them myself and this was the first experience I had heard anyone had had with Henry Rifles. He did get it fixed for free which is good, I'm just not sure why they gave him a run around to get it sent back.

Sounds like everybody else had a good experience with them from what I'm reading.

Ants none of the kids took it out because he didn't have any ammo until this past summer, he picked some up just before he tried to fire it and thats when he discovered it wouldn't take a shell in the chamber.

I have on in 22. The same thing happened to me on a particular dummy round. I've only put 20 rounds of live ammo through it so far and it works fine. I have a set of 22LR dummy rounds I accidentally ordered and was too lazy to ship back. I decided to cycle through them on the Henry just for fun and one of the rounds kept jamming as you described. After the second time (same round), I threw out the dummy rounds. I haven't had the chance to test the Henry on live rounds again since that incidence.