Do a Little Dance

Five Seasons

• 2 weeks later...

you know this thread was dead when turkey season started. can we leave it that way until june? :)

2013 marks the last ever NYS spring turkey season where you can't use an Xbow.  Not that it matters to me, as I don't turkey hunt.

is that why you can't bother to learn to shoot a real bow?

1. Define real bow.  Please don't reference a compound, nothing "real" about it.

2. I can't draw back and hold due to a severely separated shoulder. That is why I am legally licensed in CT to hunt with a crossbow during archery season, etc.

1. Define real bow.  Please don't reference a compound, nothing "real" about it.

2. I can't draw back and hold due to a severely separated shoulder. That is why I am legally licensed in CT to hunt with a crossbow during archery season, etc.

If physical therapy doesn't help , I would suggest surgery.  I had a dislocated shoulder when I was playing football and had a stainless steel pin inserted to stop it from " popping out ". Eventually , I needed another surgery after ripping a tendon in my shoulder. Even though I'm capable of using a compound bow , do you think I would qualify using a crossbow in Connecticut  during archery season ?

Separated n dislocated are 2 totally different injuries.<br /><br />Anything under my shoulder level I'm fine. Swinging golf club, throwing sidearm now. Things above cause issues. Talking on a cell phone, etc I now do with my opposite hand.<br /><br />Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Of course you are talking about a recurve.

of course

1. what is so "unreal" about it?

2. as you know i fully support your right to hunt with an xbow due to age or handicap.

Separated n dislocated are 2 totally different injuries.<br /><br />Anything under my shoulder level I'm fine. Swinging golf club, throwing sidearm now. Things above cause issues. Talking on a cell phone, etc I now do with my opposite hand.<br /><br />Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

it's interesting what some people can overcome and still shoot a bow. I've seen him speak twice now at safety conferences. he's from Marilla iirc. Dude made his own release!

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/06/14/warrior-games-mark-obrien-salute-troops

Edited by Belo

of course

1. what is so "unreal" about it?

2. as you know i fully support your right to hunt with an xbow due to age or handicap.

it's interesting what some people can overcome and still shoot a bow. I've seen him speak twice now at safety conferences. he's from Marilla iirc. Dude made his own release!

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/06/14/warrior-games-mark-obrien-salute-troops

I just want to hunt with a crossbow because I want to, what do you think you will gain by trying to stop me?

Sits in trees, I don't want to hunt with a crossbow, but if you or anyone else wants to, who am I to say you shouldn't. I like bow hunting because it is up close and personal. I don't worry if my bow shoots the fastest, my arrows are the most expensive, or my other equipment is the latest and greatest. I just hunt and enjoy myself. If others think they can enjoy bow season more with a cross bow, then i say let them. Hunters( deer hunters in particular) need to quit being so selfish and worrying about what everybody else is doing. Try helping out a kid or a newcomer, and let them harvest that big eight pointer you have spent time scouting. You might be surprized how much fun it is to help someone else succeed instead of spending all season worrying whether a person or dog is going to come wandering through your perfect set-up.

• Like 2

Sits in trees, I don't want to hunt with a crossbow, but if you or anyone else wants to, who am I to say you shouldn't. I like bow hunting because it is up close and personal. I don't worry if my bow shoots the fastest, my arrows are the most expensive, or my other equipment is the latest and greatest. I just hunt and enjoy myself. If others think they can enjoy bow season more with a cross bow, then i say let them. Hunters( deer hunters in particular) need to quit being so selfish and worrying about what everybody else is doing. Try helping out a kid or a newcomer, and let them harvest that big eight pointer you have spent time scouting. You might be surprized how much fun it is to help someone else succeed instead of spending all season worrying whether a person or dog is going to come wandering through your perfect set-up.

Well said.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I think you might have misinterpreted my post, Im all for crossbows.