Heated Jacket

It sounds like just the thing for an old guy like me but I have my doubts about some of these new products . The jacket has different heat settings and has rechargable lithium batteries . I was hoping someone on the site had one and had a response .

One of my friends got some in a liquidation sale. He says they really warm up nice on the HOT setting, but the battery lasts about 2 hours on that setting. Although he says that you dont really need to ever have it on high since it gets REALLY hot, and on low it lasts closer to 6 hours with the standard battery. But conversion packs are available for a larger battery. If you carry an extra battery to the field you can get it to last all day. If you have any other specific questions ill pass them onto him. Also i know hes gonna list them on ebay sometime soon, so ill provide those links too. 

I looked on Amazon and EBAY for the Milwaukie Heated Camo Jacket . Found a few on EBAY around $175 and up and the realized that it was the jacket only and battery & charger were extra. A local store has one for $220 with everything .

I saw another jacket advertised on EBAY that was new but and opened . The seller was asking $180 or best offer with free shipping . I offered $160 and got the bid . Paid for it with PayPal . It has the battery and charger .

Hey - I have to spend my retirement money on something . I have hunting clothes that are warm as long as I walk but sitting in a tree stand with my back against a frozen tree is a bit much . I will think of you guys when I am sitting in the cold all nice and warm ! lol

It was 32 degrees and damp outside today . When it stopped raining I had on a tee shirt , a polypro shirt and the heated jacket . I had the setting on LOW . I put on a knit hat and light gloves and started out on my 1 1/2 mile walk . My upper body and head were warm but hands and legs were cold . On the way back home I was overly warm under the jacket . I am looking forward to wearing the heated jacket this coming hunting season .

I wish it had the 2-way zipper where you can unzip the bottom . I think the jackets are undersized . I have XL gear that fits loose . The XL heated jacket is fairly snug . It should keep my back warm while sitting against a frozen tree this winter ( I hope ) .

It was 32 degrees and damp outside today . When it stopped raining I had on a tee shirt , a polypro shirt and the heated jacket . I had the setting on LOW . I put on a knit hat and light gloves and started out on my 1 1/2 mile walk . My upper body and head were warm but hands and legs were cold . On the way back home I was overly warm under the jacket . I am looking forward to wearing the heated jacket this coming hunting season .

I wish it had the 2-way zipper where you can unzip the bottom . I think the jackets are undersized . I have XL gear that fits loose . The XL heated jacket is fairly snug . It should keep my back warm while sitting against a frozen tree this winter ( I hope ) .

Eddie, how long does it take for the jacket to heat up? Where is the thermostat located? Is their any settings below low setting?

The jacket turns on instantly . It has 3 heat settings ( low , medium , high ) . I turned it on in the house and was warm by the time I left the garage door . The heat control button is on the inside of the lapel . The jacket was warm enough that I probably didn't need to turn it on while walking but I wanted to test it . It was freezing out and I was toasty warm .

I tried the body warmers before and wasn't impressed . It used to bother me to spend money on myself but I worked hard to save . When I see my kids (5) pee away money on frivolous things I think , " why don't I spend some of their inheritance" ! I don't drink or smoke so why not enjoy the finer things in life .

• Like 2

What's the wash restrictions on that thing?

It's "Hand Wash" ..... hang dry .... don't wring out the jacket and Do Not put in a dryer .

If the battery crapped out , it would be expensive to replace . The battery has a button you push that when doing so shows the battery charge left .

That absolutely sucks balls.

Hand washing, no wringing, and think about it...when you going to be washing it? In freaking November and December. The weather isn't exactly prime for hang drying outside then.

• 1 year later...