Need some advice

bushnell

I think a phone call would be better than a letter.  He would get a better feel for you and who you are over the phone than in a letter that he may or may not want to take the time to read.  Plus, you will most likely know his answer right off over the phone instead of waiting forever with a letter.

I agree but I don't know if I can get his phone number. I found his name and address from the GIS information on the county website.

What about sending him all my info and maybe he can notify me by email with his phone number and then I can contact him via phone.

I agree but I don't know if I can get his phone number. I found his name and address from the GIS information on the county website.

What about sending him all my info and maybe he can notify me by email with his phone number and then I can contact him via phone.

I tried that over the off season to no avail. I think Steve is right a phone call would be better than a letter, but a letter is better than nothing at all.

Send to him all your contact information along with references.

There is one good thing about using the mail. When you receive permission, it is already in writing which helps in situations where other members of the family or friends might be questioning your presence there when you are there hunting.

Doc

I would try to contact by phone first. Like others have suggested, try doing a search. You get a much better feel for a person and their sincerity while speaking to them. If you get permission, then request a note be sent giving you permission incase anyone questions you. He may appreciate a trustworthy person keeping an eye on the place since he lives in VA.

If you send a letter, he may or may not get it. He might throw it out, set it aside and forget about it, etc... While you'll be impatiently waiting for a reply.

Good luck!