The Fever is setting in!

Geno C

i know while majority of you are getting geared up for Turkey season im getting so antsy for deer season. i usually have a 2 month period where the obsession is not as bad (February / March) but after that i get so pumped for up coming deer season. slap on one of my million Drury outdoors DVDs and kick back. May usually means Turkeys but usually Drury's release their latest DVDs and I buy a few lol.

Had to get that out lol...  To say i am obsessed with these whitetail, well that would be an understatement!

we all hear from our significant other with their statements about being obsessed where we reply "no just dedicated" or "its just my time to climb a tree and slow things down" but we are really thinking YUP OBSESSED...  

• Like 1

My obsession has mellowed with age. Now I normally don't start to "Jones" until September. But I just got back from taking a quick walk around the farm, scouting out the turkey situation. There were deer tracks everywhere and I saw where they destroyed the neighbors turnip plot. It has me thinking of tree stands and deer hunting already....I even trimmed out one of my stands, as best I could ,with just a small hand saw I had in my pack.

September? lol... man by then im ready to climb a tree ASAP haha

i never really been geared up for turkey season. i hunted turkeys when i was younger but since then stopped and just picked back up again. deer hunting has always been my thing except when i was chasing the other kind of tail before i settled down.

• Like 1

I know what you mean Geno.  As we speak i am talking with my friend about planning my vacation for deer season. I'm getting married in Dec so i cant go away this year but i'm going to do a week long hunt on the island either 1st or 2nd week of Nov. I also passed the time this winter by shed hunting every weekend and ended up with 16 sheds and two great buck skulls one that scored in the 140's as a non typical.  Now its time for turkey season and trail cams to pass the time until deer season gets here.

John

September? lol... man by then im ready to climb a tree ASAP haha

i never really been geared up for turkey season. i hunted turkeys when i was younger but since then stopped and just picked back up again. deer hunting has always been my thing except when i was chasing the other kind of tail before i settled down.

LOL!! Back in the day,I was in my early 20's,  I had a girlfriend who dumped me because I hunted too much. The final straw was when I didn't show up for Thanksgiving dinner because I was out hunting. I planned on only staying out till 11:00 or so but we ended up having a lot of action and I didn't get home until well after dark......Her loss!!

I turkey hunt to relax and have fun. At some point, I almost always fall asleep on one turkey hunt each May. I feel so rested after that for some reason.

I bow hunt deer for the personal challenge. I gun hunt deer for the good times with friends and family. I dropped nearly every hobby to be able to aim toward the bow hunting of deer, and I am good with that. Family/faith/career, friends, and then hunting.

One thing I have always found odd is that while I certainly would enjoy shooting a monster in regular season, I have a light switch that just enjoys that time differently than when bow season.

For me it's late Aug. or Sept. I like to water ski May to Sept as much as possible.

I'm going to do some chain saw work tomorrow, maybe move a ladder stand , but I see this as a chore .

As for turkey I mostly hit the woods 9 00 and after, that pre dawn stuff is not for me !

I know what you mean Geno.  As we speak i am talking with my friend about planning my vacation for deer season. I'm getting married in Dec so i cant go away this year but i'm going to do a week long hunt on the island either 1st or 2nd week of Nov. I also passed the time this winter by shed hunting every weekend and ended up with 16 sheds and two great buck skulls one that scored in the 140's as a non typical.  Now its time for turkey season and trail cams to pass the time until deer season gets here.

John

good stuff john! wow 140? nice find bud... will you be hunting regulary during the season tho or just that one week?

Dec huh? better Dec then Nov  :P

congrats on the up coming wedding dude

LOL!! Back in the day,I was in my early 20's,  I had a girlfriend who dumped me because I hunted too much. The final straw was when I didn't show up for Thanksgiving dinner because I was out hunting. I planned on only staying out till 11:00 or so but we ended up having a lot of action and I didn't get home until well after dark......Her loss!!

haha! thats awesome

i wouldnt even want to cross that bridge with my fiance if i pulled that, she finds herself repeating everything twice when we chat about what time ill be coming home if im pulling a half day hunt.

i broke out both the bows last night and pulled back a few times on each getting the feel for my anchor and stuff. got me even more pumped. id fire a few 270 rounds off in the back but my neighbors might not like that. lol jk

For me it's late Aug. or Sept. I like to water ski May to Sept as much as possible.

I'm going to do some chain saw work tomorrow, maybe move a ladder stand , but I see this as a chore .

As for turkey I mostly hit the woods 9 00 and after, that pre dawn stuff is not for me !

Golf is what holds me over. That and a cold beer on a hot day in the boat.