My "free" pool has been installed....

mowin

Took them about 6 hrs to excavate the area and install the pool. So far, not including chemicals, my free pool has cost me $2400.

Electrician is coming tomorrow to go over code. I'll do most of the prep work to try and keep the cost down.  

IMG_20220714_174204425_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Jeremy knows of some guys that might wanna go for a swim......

The boys stopped over today to break it in. 

IMG_20220714_174204425_HDR.thumb.jpg.3ff4a8a8256483d6eb3a4f37bc65db20.jpg.b18daac922705d10e2b3c4e7e9533fe5.jpg

I love those guys. So much fun and great for water circulation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those are the same buggers that I saw out on Canandaigua Lake last Sunday!  Some sob photo shopped a sex toy into a picture of me with a trophy perch and those fellows were in the background. 

They seemed like they were having a good time and didn't really hurt the fishing.

• Like 1

I think those guys left a pair of their boxers hanging as a flag on the "lifeguard" station over the pool area back when I bought my house. Apparently the last owner was a gay nudist. The neighbors told me when you heard the horseshoes start clanking it was time to get in the house. After I moved in all I could picture was a handful of guys at the door ringing the door bell looking for Bob.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Good luck with the pool. I always liked them very relaxing . 

There is certainly something about a nice cool swim that is relaxing, good for the mind and body.   

80 plus degree heated pools not my cup o tea. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, mowin said:

Temp is up to 72°.  Hazy sun today, was hoping it would get up to around 76° by afternoon.  Solar cover has been on, but don't know how effective they really are. 

Jump in that sum bitch ! It will feel amazing!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

That's the plan.  

My first attempt at the extension was a cantilever section off the deck.  That didn’t pan out so well.  A single 4x4 pt post, in the center next to the pool, took care of the problem.   I poured half a bag of dry concrete into the hole below the post.  It has held up very well, going on 7 years now. 

• Like 1