Anyone catching fish??

HuntOrBeHunted

Anyone getting any trout or anything.  I have done a fair amount of fishing for trout I have caught maybe 5 so far decent ones 11 - 15 inches i'd say.

I did some night fishing and got a few dog fish I hate them things.

Anyone else getting anything so far this year?

I usually fish the west branch Delaware all the time , but this year I have had a lot going on so I haven't got down as much as I like. I did hear they are starting to get a few now with the warmer weather Now with the start of turkey tomorrow maybe I will do some hunting in the morning and fishing in the afternoon.

The wallys are active in the tioughnioga, chenango, and susquehanna. limited out saturday and sunday, everyone else in the area doing well also.

I only eat walleye out of the Tioughnioga or Otselic nowadays, but since I live on the Susquehanna, I fish it regularly.

The wallys are active in the tioughnioga, chenango, and susquehanna. limited out saturday and sunday, everyone else in the area doing well also.

Are you using ruber jigs?

I caught a few smaller ones in the last few days. Freind of mine caught a huge bass.

Fishing has been good.

Went with friend today caught perch at Golden Hill State Park, and 1 brown trout. There were also lots of Gizzard Shad dying in water, they said on news it from water temperature change. Had some great weather too this past week.

post-2675-0-53448200-1368055463_thumb.jp

post-2675-0-92349000-1368055484_thumb.jp

post-2675-0-34137400-1368055538_thumb.jp

post-2675-0-46727000-1368055566_thumb.jp

I only eat walleye out of the Tioughnioga or Otselic nowadays, but since I live on the Susquehanna, I fish it regularly.

must be you live west of the bingo/jc lets make poo clean plant! lol yea i wont eat anything west of rock bottom, seen to many nastys floating by! Have you ever fished carp near goudy? an old guy use to feed them stale bagels 2 or 3 time a week. wrap a fresh onion bagel on a treble hook and hang on! it makes for a fun evening!

Are you using ruber jigs?

I caught a few smaller ones in the last few days. Freind of mine caught a huge bass.

Fishing has been good.

some rubber, some stick, top mid and bottom. so far they just seem hungry! a guy up river from us was fly fishing and had a few on the stringer. the bass are a pain in the butt. we are catching more smallys then walleys. too bad it isnt june!

I have a love hate relationship with the susqy,  I love the fishing, always break something on my boat

boat is ready to go, just can't put the turkey gun down, they have been really getting into them on the south end of cayuga

must be you live west of the bingo/jc lets make poo clean plant! lol yea i wont eat anything west of rock bottom, seen to many nastys floating by!

Yep! It's a shame too. I've caught some slobs in the area including two 30inch eyes. I've fished every inch of the river from Conklin to Apalachin. The Susky is a great fishery, just not a great eatery IMO. It's pretty nasty when the south end of the goudy dam has gray, murky stained water and the north end is crystal clear. BARF!!

I never intentionally went after carp, just bass, walleye, cats, tigers, and northerns. I'm hoping the Owego VFW holds the "all night catfish derby" this summer,now that Hickories park is back open. It's a good time, ya'll should look into it. We won a 14ft. boat & motor back in '04 with a 13lb catty.

My avatar is me in the boat on the Susky.

Edited by PREDATE

Did they get the boat ramp in hickories open? I know they had another flood delay earlier this year and havent heard if it opened... the few times we took the boat out we launched out moore park on old vestal rd. nice ramp if the water is up. Always wanted to try geese hunting in there. the honkers just love the ball fields there.

I'm not sure about the launch, but I'm pretty sure I heard in the past month or 2 that Hickories is opening back up. There's a new(er) launch in Apalachin too.

As for waterfowl, that's one thing in all my years that I haven't hunted. That will change this year!

I'm not having much luck with the walleye but I have only went out a few times fishing for them. I need to get some new rubber jigs and hit the water later this week.

And thats a nice fat trout there Greg I have caught a fre of them this year but it's walleye time for me now !!

Good luck everyone!!

That's awesome news verminater! We usually get a bunch of friends and family together for the event. We love catty fishing anyways, so why not try and win something doing it.

Some lines in the water, a few cold brews in the cooler and a fire to keep the skeeters at bay. I'm ready! :drinks:

Hunt- are you jigging from a boat or shore? I've found from shore(river) that tube jigs really help eliminate alot of snags on rocky bottom and the walleyes tear em' up!!!

I am normally walking the shore line.

Saw a guy land a huge 44 inch Norhern at the locks today. Super nice fish.

I'm not having much luck with the walleye but I have only went out a few times fishing for them. I need to get some new rubber jigs and hit the water later this week.

And thats a nice fat trout there Greg I have caught a fre of them this year but it's walleye time for me now !!

Good luck everyone!!

they make a jig that looks like a little minnow. i think there called paddle frys. the hook comes out the top so it keeps it out of the rocks. oh and ive caught a few wallys on them too.