Finished my off season project

So I got this idea to build my own lifetime target from AT. Thirdhandarchery.com came up with the simple to follow plans. Pretty easy to make as long as you know how to use a power saw, a drill and a hammer.

Dimensions are 48" x 48" x 12". I put caster wheels for easy movement on smooth pavement.

For the frame I used exterior plywood 3/4" Pre cut to 48" x 24" . For the trim I used 2" x2" (cut to length and mitre cut) pine wood and I stained the whole target with chestnut red oil based stain. I used black plastic sheeting for interior face on both sides to hold in the clothes and stapled the archery skins on top. Then I nailed the trim around the frame using 1 1/2" trim nails.

The skins were $36 shipped from thirdhand archery. The wood ran me about $40 total. Took me about 3 weekends to do it as I did a little at a time.

Just need to get more clothes to stuff it with.

I'm no carpenter by any means but I'm quite pleased.

Although I would like to put some etchings on the side with my wood burning tool, here are some photos for now:

post-1257-0-71061900-1371944857_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-94287600-1371944883_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-83659200-1371944954_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-74961400-1371944918_thumb.jp

Edited by Deerthug
  • Like 5

That's awesome!  Time to throw out the old clothes!!!  Filler up!!!  Looks good, you need a deer outline on your target!  This looks just like the one's we have at Suffolk Archers, (Yours looks better, shhhh.) awesome that will last you a LONG time!  Arg Now I want to build one!  Ahh I will just stick with the range...  Home shooting is too dangerous in my area and the range is 1 mile from home...

Nice work Deerthug!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...