do you use a blind on your stand ?

skyzmine

On one of my stands I do because it is real close to a deer trail and I know any deer coming by will be pretty close.  Its not as nice as the one you got but it works I guess.  I'm really looking into one of those two man stands though.  Do you hunt out of it by yourself for more room or with someone else?

Thinkin for gun season something like that might be ok for a permanent stand. But for Bow season - just my imo - way to much in the way.

I have a spot on the lease where something along the lines of a fort - box stand would cover any swampwalkers durring reg season. And I suppose the material you guys are using would be much easier to work with then a complete enclosure.

Thanks The pic shows the high side of stand....the other side is much lower...still enclosed but easy bow shots.....Mr. B doesn't bow hunt and none of the guys use my stands because most are 15-23 feet tall...this ones platform is 14ft....and most don't have guard rails....I can not get any of them to use safety harnesses >:( ....He said he'd use the stand if the rails were 40 inches high...so I compromised and did one side for him and the other for me :D

I use a blind on my 2 man stands.

i find the blind works real well and have had a lot of success with it.

Looks nice but how do you get into it?  Is the bottom loose enough to get under or do you have to climb over the front rail through that little window to get in?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 25 foot roll of camo burlap to wrap my stands with, at least to cover up leg movement.

We dont use this for the simple fact that it smells, we use another fabric that costs about as much, But i cant remember the name. On our two man ladder stands we wrap them in this fabic and secure it with zip ties. We leave alittle slack at the bottom of the platform so we can enter easier. I think it covers up movement, My father says he feels alittle bit more comfortable being enclosed because he's scared of heights,although I don't know if it would stop a fall.

• 3 weeks later...