Live Deer Cam

jr.deerslayer

So many young and inexperienced older hunters are so FOOLED by all these TV shows.  They'll think that bucks like the Lakosky's are holding in THEIR hunting grounds and then when they're NOT seen or shot they have to put in all kinds of food plots and plan their cover and such to kill wall hangers.

Then it don't happen.

Their property (Lakosky's) isn't just your run of the mill 50 acres I wouldn't think.  How big is the "farm" that camera is on?  They probably spend 100's of thousands in management all to kill those big bucks and market all kinds of horse shiiit with their name on it.

Livin' the dream?    It ain't reality, that I can assure you.

Look at the state they live in. If Ny got around to making some of these laws these other states have we may have more land and deer like that.   The soil makes a huge change in rack size between our state and theirs but i believe with a few change, Which most hunters wont agree with, we could be a great deer state.  Not going to hold the breath on that one.  Untill then i guess we just drool at the kind of deer those guys make and smile at the one or two lucky Ny hunters that kill a great buck each year.

Ya i know..Who says what a great deer is? ect,ect,ect!

Look at the state they live in. If Ny got around to making some of these laws these other states have we may have more land and deer like that.   The soil makes a huge change in rack size between our state and theirs but i believe with a few change, Which most hunters wont agree with, we could be a great deer state.  Not going to hold the breath on that one.  Untill then i guess we just drool at the kind of deer those guys make and smile at the one or two lucky Ny hunters that kill a great buck each year.

Ya i know..Who says what a great deer is? ect,ect,ect!

That's a good choice of words .... "the kind of deer those guys make". There activities have more to do with animal husbandry than hunting. It has far less to do with what state it is, or what minerals are in the ground, than it does with what kinds of minerals they are fed and what kinds of food plots they are fed on. I will give them all kinds of credit for being great deer farmers, but great hunters?.....maybe not so much. Perhaps their time would be better spent raising their own Herefords or angus and then shooting them in the field. But then that wouldn't make for such a great TV show would it. Not to mention all the "hero" status they would lose.

• Like 1

Hey guys check this one out...http://www.thecrush.tv/deer-cam

Not from around here but kinda cool to see the deer feeding. Its located on one of Lee and Tiffany's farms, still haven't spotted Tiffany...still looking.

Looks like they just redid "The Crush" website.  What a nice added touch adding a deer cam.

That's a good choice of words .... "the kind of deer those guys make". There activities have more to do with animal husbandry than hunting. It has far less to do with what state it is, or what minerals are in the ground, than it does with what kinds of minerals they are fed and what kinds of food plots they are fed on. I will give them all kinds of credit for being great deer farmers, but great hunters?.....maybe not so much. Perhaps their time would be better spent raising their own Herefords or angus and then shooting them in the field. But then that wouldn't make for such a great TV show would it. Not to mention all the "hero" status they would lose.

A few of u people want to turn a perfectly harmless, " out of state" thread into a debate all the time. Would be nice to start your own thread!

I'm not totally familiar with their parcel of land (if its fenced or not) but in that area of the country with a large enough tract of land with the proper QDM practices and feed program that quality of wild animals are indeed possible.No its not public land scouting and putting in the shoe leather kind of hunting but it still takes a hell of alot of work to produce those results.I guess it all depends on the individual if you call it real hunting or not.Dont we all put in food plots and hope to grow big deer?, dont we all pass on the little ones hoping they grow up?.unfortunately we just dont have the deer genetics and density here in NY like other big deer producing states coupled with a large human population and rampant poaching and a non feeding law its just not a fair comparison.Of course if theres fences involved or deer sperm brought in and a artificial breeding program going on then it all goes out the window and THATS not real hunting.If it just the result of a efficient QDM program than more power to them, its all the hyped up crap they hawk on TV thats baloney, but all that land and work costs money!!

wouldn't mind watching one with a gut pile and predators coming in because this is boring.
wish i had a farm hand. Seems like they are just as popular as they were at least 3 yrs ago so i am sure they will be in 5 yrs. Tiffany is cute and they both have good personalities for what they do or film.

Bigfoot is in Ga

Are you guys really comparing Iowa to NY? Good lord.

There are no laws that NY can put into place that would make it anything like Iowa. You are talking huge tracts of unbroken land that barely sees human activity besides the farming. Hunter densities that are less than half of NY's, and an overall population thats alot smaller. Add to that the minerals in he soil, and you have pieces of a puzzle you will never get in this state.

Isnt it Iowa that plants more corn each year than the whole Northeastern US combined?

• Like 1

Are you guys really comparing Iowa to NY? Good lord.

There are no laws that NY can put into place that would make it anything like Iowa. You are talking huge tracts of unbroken land that barely sees human activity besides the farming. Hunter densities that are less than half of NY's, and an overall population thats alot smaller. Add to that the minerals in he soil, and you have pieces of a puzzle you will never get in this state.

Isnt it Iowa that plants more corn each year than the whole Northeastern US combined?

Gee, You better not let Doc hear you say this.  Guess he thinks there is no diff between Ny soil and Iowa soil. A good farmer does not need a fence to grow great deer as long as they have the land to control.

Gee, You better not let Doc hear you say this.  Guess he thinks there is no diff between Ny soil and Iowa soil. A good farmer does not need a fence to grow great deer as long as they have the land to control.

All I am saying is that if you want to be a deer farmer, you can do that successfully anywhere and it doesn't depend on any special soil. I would assume, since you are in the business, that you would agree with that.

Running a full-time feeding program falls into the category of deer farming as far as I am concerned. That along with the super food plotting that they do and whatever other farm-style activities they do pretty much falls more in line with an agricultural venture than hunting (fence or no fence). I think you might be surprised what NYS could come up with using those same ag-type techniques.