Live Deer Cam

jr.deerslayer

Freekin' 11 coons there stuffing their faces!! :biggrin:

Just like the local raccoons.They do much of the damage and the deer get blamed for it..lol

I watched a family of coons knock down a whole corner of a standing cornfield during a week of bowhuntiing(dam things wouldn't come within bow range). I've never seen a deer knock too many stalks down.

Just like the local raccoons.They do much of the damage and the deer get blamed for it..lol

I watched a family of coons knock down a whole corner of a standing cornfield during a week of bowhuntiing(dam things wouldn't come within bow range). I've never seen a deer knock too many stalks down.

That's exactly right! Pains me to think about all the deer that get killed for corn crop damage, when coons do more damage than deer! The DEC should tell the farmers to thin the coons out instead!  B)

To farm an animal, it needs to be captive. Iowa has been growing giants well before people were putting in food plots. Using that logic, many of us here in NY are deer farmers

Well, you have your definition of farming and I have mine. To me, managing deer patterns and feeding activities is a farming activity, and not a hunting activity. And I still maintain that anyone who engages in concentrated activities of that sort can raise some very impressive animals no matter what state they are in. And if they choose to shoot those animals and claim that as hunting, they can probably get themselves a TV program ..... lol.

Looks like Lee & Tiffany are getting just what they want. All the traffic looking at their web site, watching a freaking deer feeder to see what barn yard deer will be next up for the daily dose of growth inducing bagged minerals.

You think that stuff effects the meat at all? Heck, they probably don't eat those deer anyway.............

A  fair size 8 visiting..

Actually Lawdwaz, it inproves the flavor of the meat, We use to round the pigs off on corn for a few months to fatten them up, before slaughter.  You can always tell what an animal has been feed by how the meat taste.

The amount of $ their making off the deer industry, I'd eat lobster, LOL.

I  would worry about CWD with the deer gathering in one spot all the time.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

A  fair size 8 visiting..

Actually Lawdwaz, it inproves the flavor of the meat, We use to round the pigs off on corn for a few months to fatten them up, before slaughter.  You can always tell what an animal has been feed by how the meat taste.

The amount of $ their making off the deer industry, I'd eat lobster, LOL.

I  would worry about CWD with the deer gathering in one spot all the time.

You got it. The best part of it is that right now the state of Iowa...That is a cwd state...Is in court this week being sued by a deer farm that had a closed,tested herd for over 10 years that came down with a case of cwd and they depopulated all the animals and shut down their land from any kind of use for 5 years. Yet they allow feeding of deer.  This case will be huge and prove the two faced way our Govt works.  Cwd is something we have to deal with but is sure is not killing all the deer they said it would!

• Like 1